Live - Anthem of the Seas 2-9-18 to 2-17-18

seadog67

Hi Seadog, how was the water temps on CocoCay? did you see anyone snorkeling? I'm heading there next month and hoping it'll be warm enough to snorkel.

I assume the water temp is about the same as Nassau. I snorkeled in January off a boat at Nassau, had to jump right in and it was perfect, not cold at all.

e76a7bf24f84292a73de25d3825fab16.jpg

We are going to attempt the bumper cars today at 9 am.. pray for my back :)

First up is Breakfast at 8 am

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello. I am enjoying your report immensely and gathering very useful information for our cruise leaving this Saturday. Question: I know you are Suite guest so it doesn’t apply to you but do you know what the starting time was for tender ticket distribution is for Coco Cay? It was “cut off” on your picture. We like to be proactive and avoid unnecessary delays. :D.

Thank you Seadog for all the great information you're providing all of us during "your" vacation! I'm not sure if you can answer this or possibly anyone following along? We're on the March 9th, 8 day sailing and have purchased the drink package however there have been differing opinions as to what the package limit is per drink. I've seen both $12 and $13, the latter being stated for Quantum and Oasis class ships. Can you or anyone following please confirm what it may be?

Thank you in advance!

I am following and totally enjoying your live trip report. We will be on the Anthem on March 9 and I have a question about specialty dining package. Do you recommend buying the package before we sail or can we wait until we are on board. What are the benefits about buying pre trip? Thanks

I just read there will be no more Michael’s Pub starting Feb 28th, will be replaced with Brass and Bock. Have you heard anything? My husband is very disappointed, he loved their bulleit manhattan’s!

Marg

This was on the Royal Caribbean Blog

https://www.******************.com/2018/02/13/royal-caribbean-removing-michaels-genuine-pub-its-cruise-ships

Aileen

Hello. I am enjoying your report immensely and gathering very useful information for our cruise leaving this Saturday. Question: I know you are Suite guest so it doesn’t apply to you but do you know what the starting time was for tender ticket distribution is for Coco Cay? It was “cut off” on your picture. We like to be proactive and avoid unnecessary delays. :D.

2-3:30 Pm and this was on day 3 two days before cocoCay. And are distributed in 270.

Thank you Seadog for all the great information you're providing all of us during "your" vacation! I'm not sure if you can answer this or possibly anyone following along? We're on the March 9th, 8 day sailing and have purchased the drink package however there have been differing opinions as to what the package limit is per drink. I've seen both $12 and $13, the latter being stated for Quantum and Oasis class ships. Can you or anyone following please confirm what it may be?

Thank you in advance!

I will check on the listing and report back. I think it is $12 though and you are charged the difference.

Check back

I am following and totally enjoying your live trip report. We will be on the Anthem on March 9 and I have a question about specialty dining package. Do you recommend buying the package before we sail or can we wait until we are on board. What are the benefits about buying pre trip? Thanks

With out looking into it, I have no definitive answer regarding purchasing before hand or onboard.. maybe before hand there are some discounts? Hopefully someone can chime in to offer some clarification.

Sorry for the lack of updates but it was and still is a lazy day onboard. Many others choose to stay onboard with us as well. I had some awesome naps in the solarium, indoor pool area and the outdoor pool area :)

Our only neighbor today, Carnival Ecstasy..

89c106273d5c037be275bcb691c0a175.jpg

Pool was extremely empty earlier but is now packed as the temps are hitting 80 or hotter in the sun!

c8b54b06a783e4966158c3442a471f52.jpg

I'm hoping that this isn't the only bar with craft beers. If it is, I may be just as white as the day we set sail. ;p

When I stop laying around being a slug, I plan to get pictures from the other bars so we will see what is on offer.

I did post the Schooner Bar Menu earlier in the report but forget if it offered Craft Beer.

Good afternoon, Seadog! Will be watching your sail away courtesy of your "neighbor"

http://ships.carnivalentertainment.com/#ship/carnival-ecstasy/cameras

and here....

http://www.portnassauwebcam.com

If you attend a Q&A.... perhaps you can ask why the Anthem doesn't have a webcam...it would be very popular on its itineraries....:cool:

Edit... actually, your neighbor will be sailing away an hour ahead of you....

Thank you in advance!

We are on the 3/9 Anthem cruise as well!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

With out looking into it, I have no definitive answer regarding purchasing before hand or onboard.. maybe before hand there are some discounts? Hopefully someone can chime in to offer some clarification.

SOMETIMES you can catch good deals online, but you usually always get a deal by booking on the ship (first day you will find people outside the speciality restaurants with promotions). And usually night 1 is cheaper as well.

Sorry for the lack of updates but it was and still is a lazy day onboard. Many others choose to stay onboard with us as well. I had some awesome naps in the solarium, indoor pool area and the outdoor pool area :)

Our only neighbor today, Carnival Ecstasy..

89c106273d5c037be275bcb691c0a175.jpg

Pool was extremely empty earlier but is now packed as the temps are hitting 80 or hotter in the sun!

c8b54b06a783e4966158c3442a471f52.jpg

Sounds like a fun day! Loving those temps and that sunny weather!!