Made a mistake when booking drink package w/VOOM.

PK34

I'm cruising on HOTS on February 24th and just realized a made a mistake purchasing the deluxe drink package w/VOOM included. Our last cruise was in Star class with everything included. This time we are in a CL with Sky class. I missed the fact that VOOM is included in Sky class. I bought the drink/VOOM package during the BOGO sale. Now the drink package is back to $48 per person per day. Does anyone know if I can get the VOOM portion refunded once I'm on the ship? Or do I need to cancel my current package and rebook the drink package only at the higher price?

I'm cruising on HOTS on February 24th and just realized a made a mistake purchasing the deluxe drink package w/VOOM included. Our last cruise was in Star class with everything included. This time we are in a CL with Sky class. I missed the fact that VOOM is included in Sky class. I bought the drink/VOOM package during the BOGO sale. Now the drink package is back to $48 per person per day. Does anyone know if I can get the VOOM portion refunded once I'm on the ship? Or do I need to cancel my current package and rebook the drink package only at the higher price?

I would not plan on getting a refund for VOOM onboard. I'd keep it as is, and keep watching the price in case it goes down, and cancel/reorder if the price goes down enough.

To clarify the drink package alone is more currently than what you've already paid for the drink/voom combo? If so I'd keep it at the current lower price.

No, I was prorating the drink & voom portions. If I cancel the drink/voom combo and repurchase just the drink portion, I will save $140 for the 2 of us. I'm just mad at myself because I could have paid $70 less than the current price if I would have booked it correctly during the BOGO sale. I didn't know if the concierge would be helpful in getting OBC for the difference once on board. Right now the drink package is at $48 compared to $43. I'm thinking it's best to cut my losses and cancel/repurchase at this time since the cruise is just over two weeks away.

No, I was prorating the drink & voom portions. If I cancel the drink/voom combo and repurchase just the drink portion, I will save $140 for the 2 of us. I'm just mad at myself because I could have paid $70 less than the current price if I would have booked it correctly during the BOGO sale. I didn't know if the concierge would be helpful in getting OBC for the difference once on board. Right now the drink package is at $48 compared to $43. I'm thinking it's best to cut my losses and cancel/repurchase at this time since the cruise is just over two weeks away.

I wouldn't count on OBC. But up to you if cancel reorder now, I would...

I did the same thing last Oct. I called and asked. All you can do is cancel and buy the Drink Package. I wouldn't wait as the price of the drink package may go up. I was only able to save about $75 for 2 so consider yourself lucky at saving $140. Afterall, savings is a savings. I was also really frustrated but then I realized that the extra cost was pretty minor compared to the total cost of THREE Crown Lofts for 11 people total! Sometimes you just need to put it in perspective. Cancel and repurchase before the Drink Package goes up any higher. Save the $140.

Also keep in mind, you'll have access to the Suite Lounge which serves wine and beer from 11 am to 11 pm, and a full bar from 1 hour before early dining until the start of late dining. Keep that in mind when you figure your "break even" for the drink package.

By the way, I bought the package for my 2 sons and my Daughters-in-law. Even with Happy Hour in the Suite Lounge, I'm pretty confident that Royal Caribbean LOST money on them. :)

I'm on the same sailing and purchased the drink package when it was $43 back in November. It hasn't been that low since then. It has been fluctuating between $45 and $48 depending on the sale of the day. Keep checking every day as they might drop it back to $45 one more time in the next couple of weeks. If you book it at $48 you can cancel and re-book if it goes down to $45.