What age considered minor (18 or 21) to need notorized travel letter

panzafit

Me and my husband along with my daughter (18) and her boyfriend (20) are going on a cruise with us. My daughter is booked in my room and her boyfriend is booked with my husband. Since neither of the boyfriend's parents are traveling with us do I need to get his parents to give us a notorized travel form. Some portions of the website refer to a minor as 18 and other portions say 21. I just don't want to get there and not be able to board. I know I could bring the letter in case but would rather not bother his parents if I don't have to (they are VERY difficult to deal with). Of course I have had no response from Royal Caribbean when I emailed them (so I could have it in writing).

Me and my husband along with my daughter (18) and her boyfriend (20) are going on a cruise with us. My daughter is booked in my room and her boyfriend is booked with my husband. Since neither of the boyfriend's parents are traveling with us do I need to get his parents to give us a notorized travel form. Some portions of the website refer to a minor as 18 and other portions say 21. I just don't want to get there and not be able to board. I know I could bring the letter in case but would rather not bother his parents if I don't have to (they are VERY difficult to deal with). Of course I have had no response from Royal Caribbean when I emailed them (so I could have it in writing).

In the US, a minor is one under the age of 18. However, I would still get the notarized form for someone who is 18-20 just to be safe. You never know that every government worker and check-in agent is going to be on the same page, and I would not want to be arguing about this when trying to get on the ship.

I'd make the boyfriend deal with his parents.

He is a legal adult. He does not need any kind of "permission" from his parents to travel, or for medical treatment. RCCL has a policy that there has to be someone at least 21 years of age in a cabin if not traveling with parents in adjoining, or directly across cabins, but this has nothing to do with the legality of him traveling.