Tips for trying to secure a Vibe pass on the Getaway

kathy884

Terminals B & C are basically two parts of the same larger building. Both terminals utilize the same gangway. In terminal C, boarding begins on the left side of the room (if you're facing the ship) the area near the restrooms. From there, it snakes around and meets up with the area where terminal B passengers board. So, a solid game plan would be to first attain boarding group 1, then hang out close to the actual boarding area, rather than the general seating area. The "X Factor" that can vary from week to week, are the number of Haven and/or upper latitudes tiers that also desire Vibe passes... Edited to add: You mentioned that you have no desire to become part of a "stampede" I have made the "run for Vibe" 5 different times, and there have been times when it became a "survival of the fittest" type of situation...

Could someone tell me the difference between terminals B and C? Is there an advantage to one over the other? My boarding pass reads “C”. We are interested in the VIBE passes but I do not like the idea of being part of a stampede. Reminds me of that old movie “It’s a Mad Mad World”!
Edited by sid_9169

You cannot give your pass to someone else in your party! The bartenders at Vibe know everyone in there. They have a list of names. They will know if your name doesn't match the keycard you use, and they will know if your keycard doesn't belong to someone with access. Why do people try to cheat the system? You will get caught, and it will not work. Everyone needs to be present to purchase their own Vibe pass.

• 3 months later...
I will say, if you don't get them, don't worry about it because if it's the same person, the head bartender woman on Getaway was a buzzkill the whole week with these insane rules that were not on Escape. Vibe on Escape was a big daily party. Getaway? Not so much. She kept talking about how the previous week, there were fights and people got drunk and then blamed Vibe staff for over serving or something and she was talking about her superiors watching her...blah. TMI you know? We all have work stress. I'm here to have fun!

Escape had cookies, bar chex mix stuff, music. I mean it was fine and I wouldn't have traded having a private bar, or the bartenders working for her and 2 basically empty hot tubs to ourselves most of the week as there is usually never more than 20 people in there max but compared to Escape, if I ever sailed Getaway again, I wouldn't be that upset if I didn't get Vibe if the same woman was in charge. I don't remember her name but yeah....buzzkill rule enforcer. lol Don't remember her name and you know, she was nice enough but hopefully they moved her cause there was no "Miami Beach Vibe" in Vibe last November.

I am so disappointed after reading this. Rommel on the Escape made our week on that cruise. I was hoping they put that type of person with a great personality on the Getaway Vibe.

Haven boards first. If you want Vibe passes, you'll get them A) because you board first and B) because Haven gets what Haven wants. lol I am honestly 99% certain the Haven concierge holds some back in case you guys want them.

Yep, Haven boards first and immediately ask the Haven concierge (or one of their team members). We were happy to just use the Haven area - it’s huge and had plenty of chairs each day. Pics here. https://gotravellife.com/2018/01/03/about-us/

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

When you are signing in, inquire with one of the NCL staff as to where the passes will be sold on your cruise. It has changed from time to time. Once on board go directly to that spot (everyone who wants a pass has to be present) and get what is available. Having said that, do not let getting or not getting a Vibe pass make/break your cruise. We got one of the cabanas on our first Getaway cruise and passed completely on the Vibe on everyone since then.

The Vibe is nice and all but not really anything to get upset over missing. IMHO everyone should try it one time, but after that it really is not worth the hassle. There is a sun deck one deck up from the Vibe that is secluded, free, and almost always empty. There is no hot tub up there (we all know the hot tubs on the ship are actually semi-warm tubs at best other than in the spa), and the closest bar is back down one deck right at the bottom of the stairs (if you tip he bartenders they will usually come up to the sun deck every so often to bring you a new drink). So you can have almost exactly the same experience on that sun deck at no cost.

Either way, enjoy your cruise!

If 2 people are getting Vibe passes could one get a regular pass and the other get a cabana pass and then both people use the cabana? Or is that cheating?

Thank you Sid_9169. Your information is very helpful and has me laughing too. I was thinking "Mad Mad World"; now I'm imagining Running with the Bulls.

My wife and I have done the dash three times. Twice on the BA and once on the Escape. Their are a few methods, pushing, shoving and tripping:D:evilsmile:.

All kidding aside its usually the younger, faster people who get to guest services first. On our last cruise I felt bad for the people who just missed getting passes....and their were a lot of them! Some of them were very angry, not a good way to start a cruise. On our Escape cruise I was offered 2X the price by another couple