heavy cream in coffee shop on promenade

mnred14

Hi - My husband and I eat a ketogenic diet. And coffee with heavy cream is my morning breakfast every day. Anyone know if there is actual cream in coffee shop by the café on navigator? I'm trying to decide if I want to get drink package for coffee drinks - which I would only do if I know they could make me ice coffee and coffee with heavy cream - no sugar. Thanks

Also - how much is a coffee at the café - i.e. if I wanted to buy a latte with cream?

Edited by mnred14

We've been doing the same diet for a while- and I'd suggest that you get a carton of cream to take with you. There is actual heavy cream on board- but not many of the servers know what you are talking about. They all assume half and half.

While you can ask a lot to find it, we found it's less stressful to just bring our own.

I hate to burst anyone's bubble but the "half and half" on Royal Caribbean ships is actually non-dairy creamer.

We brought our own and it worked very well in the fridge; we just brought some with us when we went to the cafe, or added it if we were coming back to the room.

1/2 and 1/2 will work for a week. No problems!

Umm no it really doesn't work for a week.

I just checked the nutritional info...1/2 and 1/2 has 1 gram of protein....heavy cream has none. There is only 2 grams less fat in 1/2 and 1/2 than in heavy cream.

Just so you know!

The problem is the carbs and the sugar.

I bought dried heavy cream on Amazon to take on my cruises. It is very good, just takes a bit more effort to stir it in than the liquid. There are several varieties available.

Do you have a recommendation as to the best brand? Looked on Amazon and saw several brands. Would like to just add dried powder to my hot coffee. Thank you.

Awesome. Let me know!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

That was me, I asked the supervisor when we were on Freedom and she had some kept at Cafe Promenade. Will that happen next month on Harmony? Who knows. But I will still ask [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums