MSC Seaside First Impressions

Jimbo59

I'm pretty certain thats more of the exception than norm..... Check out RCL, NCL, Princess and Carnival and of course MSC. Can't speak for Celebrity....Haven't been on that line. Don't get me wrong, there have been times where I have been served in the buffet lines but its very irregular and it wasn't for every offering.

The same for Celebrity - unless there's been an outbreak of Norovirus, which there was on the cruise before we embarked. No self-serve in the buffet for the first three days; after that it reverted back to self-serve.

For those that have the mealtime drinks package, cocktails are NOT included. There are house wines consisting of white, red and rose, draft beer and fountain soda.

Here is the exact wording of what's included, from MSC:

Unlimited wine by the glass (our selection of white, red and rosé wine), mineral water, draught beer and soft drinks during lunch and dinner in the main onboard restaurants and the self-service buffet. Not valid in speciality restaurants.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

I am getting ready to sail on the Seaside and just saw the video about the breakfast buffet. Did I see only poached eggs and no scrambled or fired eggs? I did not see any sausage or ham the menu. I just got back from Ireland on a tour that this is the same breakfast served there, Please tell me there is more to the story then what it saw.