2019 Fall Mexican Riviera

cruzrbachoua

The latest cruise scheduled for the Royal is at the end of September when it arrives from Vancouver in Los Angeles. Hopefully, the will do some Mexican Riveria cruises on her from there. I called to find out when they would be releasing the late 2019 itineraries and they told me that it would probably be in April. Keeping my fingers crossed that we can keep the Royal over here for a little while longer. I do love to sail out of San Francisco but the Grand is a bit of the same old, same old.

Yeah, I know that seems obvious but the reason I mentioned it is that I figured the Royal would do RTs out of SEA for the AK season but according to him, it will be doing N/S bound cruises. I find that hard to believe with the other cruise lines sending their newest ships to SEA for the 2019 summer season. :confused:

Not sure on the date but was just talking with my contact at Princess and he said the Royal will definitely be doing the Mex. Riv. So, if he was looking at the new schedules, they must be in the final stages I would guess. Hope that helps a little.

I was told the Royal will make a couple of 10 day Riviera cruises R/T from San Francisco. :). But, I can’t remember the 2019 dates.

Enjoy your cruise. God willing.

Edited by Kingofcool1947

I was told the Royal will make a couple of 10 day Riviera cruises R/T from San Francisco. :). But, I can’t remember the 2019 dates.

Enjoy your cruise. God willing.

Oh my goodness .. that would be a dream come true!! Please, please, please!! If true, am booking that the minute those itineraries are released.

Yeah, I know that seems obvious but the reason I mentioned it is that I figured the Royal would do RTs out of SEA for the AK season but according to him, it will be doing N/S bound cruises. I find that hard to believe with the other cruise lines sending their newest ships to SEA for the 2019 summer season. :confused:

Princess and HAL tend to introduce their newest ships on the west coast doing the Vancouver/Whittier run since it combines with land tours well. Seattle is actually losing capacity on HAL this year and PCL in 2019. Assuming that RCL/X/and NCL are picking some of that up.

If the Royal stays out west for 2020, I would expect her to sail from Seattle then.

http://cruisingrobsblog.blogspot.com/2017/12/princess-alaska-deployment-for-2019.html

Royal will only be there in April 2019.

Who says she will only be here for April? Last I heard she was moving out here...but I guess we will see when schedules come out which I hope is soon as I want to see the dates so I can decide if we are doing the 10 out of SFO or LA or if timing is not right at least a 7day out of LA to Mex Riv.

Maybe the other ships won't fit under the Lions Gate Bridge. Seattle route is the worst of the three for scenery. Although I'm sure Royal is also to big to make it up the inside passage between the Island and the Mainland.

Maybe the other ships won't fit under the Lions Gate Bridge. Seattle route is the worst of the three for scenery. Although I'm sure Royal is also to big to make it up the inside passage between the Island and the Mainland.

Yes there has been some talk that people think the Royal wont fit under Lions Gate Bridge but if she does go to Vancover will dock somewhere other that Canada Place.

Yes there has been some talk that people think the Royal wont fit under Lions Gate Bridge but if she does go to Vancover will dock somewhere other that Canada Place.

That will be very interesting as we have no other dock that doesn't include the bridge. They thought that about Solstice too but with a little adjustment, she fits.

That will be very interesting as we have no other dock that doesn't include the bridge. They thought that about Solstice too but with a little adjustment, she fits.

interesting.......will have to go back and look for the post of where they said they would dock her...it is in another thread...will see if I can find it. I didn't think there was another dock but the person seemed sure of themselves and I didn't want to start any drama....

You still have to come under the bridge to Ballantyne.

Ha ha good to know..I had never heard of that dock as the 2 times we were there we docked at Canada Place as we were on the Coral and Sapphire.

But logic would have that princess would have made sure Royal would fit before bringing her over here if they intended to have her sail N/S bound itineraries.

I just hope they release the schedule soon as I am itching to book a cruise!

Just an article our local paper in November 2017 that port of Vancouver considering another cruise port at Roberts Bank to accommodate bigger cruise ships

Sent from my iPad using Forums

So that would be before the Lion's Gate Bridge? Where is it located in consideration to the main area of Vancouver like Robson St and such?

So that would be before the Lion's Gate Bridge? Where is it located in consideration to the main area of Vancouver like Robson St and such?

Roberts Bank would be awful. It's where our ferries operate to and from Victoria. Nowhere near downtown Vancouver. It's about 45 minutes out.

Roberts Bank would be awful. It's where our ferries operate to and from Victoria. Nowhere near downtown Vancouver. It's about 45 minutes out.

Oh I just googled it...and yeah does not look inviting. I mean we loved being able to step off the ship and on 1 stay our hotel was a short walk from there, dropped our bags, walked around a bit caught the little water taxi over to see the suspension bridge and then walked along Robson shopping and dinner and the next day we walked around Stanley park...it was just fabulous. Love your skytrain as well........Canada certainly has public transportation nailed down right. Here where I live it is a hot mess and so not user friendly.

I agree it is not optimum tourist location. However, there is a huge new mall and might be a new hotel coming too. That being said, nothing can match getting off or on a ship right in downtown Vancouver. Sailing under the Lions Gate Bridge is wonderful too!

I agree it is not optimum tourist location. However, there is a huge new mall and might be a new hotel coming too. That being said, nothing can match getting off or on a ship right in downtown Vancouver. Sailing under the Lions Gate Bridge is wonderful too!

I totally agree, we loved our time there and in Victoria. We also enjoyed going up to Prospect Point and waving at the ships leaving that day we got off.....amazing!

Told Dh I would love to live in either place. We spent a lot of time in the garden in Victoria.....ugh forgot its name...but it was lovely and we walked back to the ship past wonderful houses...told dh one was a bit more country feel and the other city feel.....laughed and he said we could split our time between the 2. Said sure now win me the lottery so we can do that.