Help Needed - NCL Booking Issue

Pajay1962

EmmaCat - thank you again for your help. I called NCL last night and spoke with a representative. I explained that I had been booked into 2 separate rooms due to no availability, and she confirmed that was correct. I then said that I am looking at the NCL site and see balcony rooms open for people in the BA category. She said I would have to cancel my reservation, costing me the entire cruise fee, then rebook the other room. I explained that the reason I had 2 separate rooms was because NCL said that there were no other rooms available to fit all of us and wanted to speak with a supervisor. Long story short - supervisor rebooked us all into one room in the BA category and waived the cancellation fees.

Thank you again

I was following your thread. SO happy for you that this got resolved. And it is sad how snarky that one poster was about the crystal ball!!!! I have always found her posts very condescending. Do not worry, just ignore.

Hope you will enjoy your cruise with your family. Please do come back and post your cruise experience.

I'm quite shocked at this. Surely if a section has say 50 staterooms and each of those staterooms can hold 3 people then the lifeboat capacity for that section should be 150 not 149 or 140. If a stateroom with a capacity of 3 can't have a third person added because it would be over the lifeboat capacity then something is very wrong with the safe working of that ship.

Or have I got it completely wrong.

It's all based on double occupancy. A ship can be fully booked but not have every room filled. Because rooms have 3&4 guest in them.

Thanks again everyone. Will definitely need to relax after the last two days. Just hoping for good sailing weather now, know we're rolling the dice with a March trip, however, daughter off on college break dictates that!

Thank you!

I am happy that this all got resolved. I am glad that a Supervisor was able to make a cabin change to accommodate your family. It is sad that you had 48 hours of angst over what should have been taken care of on the first day that the trouble began. Have a good time on your cruise.

I'm on your cruise, booked a couple of weeks ago, and ran into a similar issue before I paid. Rooms often release first thing in the morning so I had two rooms held for 24-hours, then went back in the next morning and found the room for 3 I really wanted, called my TA and had her handle the booking for me. She spent close to an hour on the phone and had to go to supervisor as well -- and I had not paid any $$ yet toward the cruise.

So I'm glad to hear it worked out for you. Spring break cruises tend to run out of capacity for 3's and 4's so you are definitely lucky! Hop on over to the Roll Calls if you haven't done so already and join in with the rest of us on this sailing!