MSC Seaside Yacht Club Review and Pics!

eroller

One can buy a lot of speciality dining or shore excursions for $820. Or even air fare!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Absolutely. Personally I don't find The Haven worth $410 more per person by any means, but of course there are people that do. To each his own.

My booking included below which in addition to drinks in YC and mini bar you may also enjoy going throughout the ship to have drinks.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

Linda, Our booking includes the same. The web design folks were just too lazy or uninformed to show a different set of perks for YC bookings. In November 2017 we booked B2B sailings for 2019. At that time, the web site showed that ALL booking received the "Mealtime Restaurant Drink Package". I wrote MSC and questioned why they did this. Of course, never got a reply. However, they have made the changes and if I do a mock booking now, it does not show this package as part of the perks for YC bookings. I've got written confirmation that I got this (useless) drink package as part of my booking perks and may show it onboard to see if I can get one of our Black Card status meals reinstated as a substitute for this package we cannot use.

~Brian

I'm sure you will love it! Overall I thought the YC area on Seaside was nicer than the Haven area on the NCL ships, especially the pool, pool deck, and lounge. The Top Sail Lounge is really wonderful, and right now NCL offers nothing quite like it for the Haven (they will on Bliss though). Just love that forward facing view. I also liked that the restaurant and lounge were connected. It was nice to hear the violinist and pianist from the lounge up in the restaurant. Where the Haven was quite superior was with cuisine. More choice, better prepared, and better quality. All the rest I give to MSC but overall very similar.

I agree 100% with this. YC is so close to having the best product at sea. NCL Haven we felt had the best food of all our cruises.

This is a wonderful review. Thank you for taking the time to share it. We will be in Yacht Club in just under 90 days!! So excited.

QUESTION: is it true that Yacht Club passengers cannot dine in any of the ships MDR's?? So if hubby and I wanted to change up our dining plans on any day we can only use the Specialty restaurants and/or buffets, right?

EDIT: NEVERMIND....Sorry....my question is already answered here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55297468&postcount=23

This is a wonderful review. Thank you for taking the time to share it. We will be in Yacht Club in just under 90 days!! So excited.

QUESTION: is it true that Yacht Club passengers cannot dine in any of the ships MDR's?? So if hubby and I wanted to change up our dining plans on any day we can only use the Specialty restaurants and/or buffets, right?

EDIT: NEVERMIND....Sorry....my question is already answered here: https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=55297468&postcount=23

I know your question was answered but I wanted to agree that the restaurant in YC is just like a specialty restaurant. We had access to a specialty restaurant through our black card perks and we chose not to use it since the food in YC was so good. The Maitre D even said it wasn’t necessary to go anywhere else and we found that to be the case. :)

Annie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I know your question was answered but I wanted to agree that the restaurant in YC is just like a specialty restaurant. We had access to a specialty restaurant through our black card perks and we chose not to use it since the food in YC was so good. The Maitre D even said it wasn’t necessary to go anywhere else and we found that to be the case. :)

Annie

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks! Based on all the info - now we can't wait to dine daily at YC restaurant!! LOL!;)

eRoller- thanks so much for writing this review as it negates any need for me to do the same. We are just finishing up our 2/10 cruise in the YC, and I heartily second your comments. I can only comment on the YC experience as that is all we’ve had on this and our two previous cruises on Divina, but if your main interests are relaxation and service then MSC wins hands down. The YC dining room staff are great. We had Arthur here and on Divina And I would throw Alessandra in the mix. I encourage guests to engage the butlers and other staff in Top Sail lounge and at the YC pool bar. If you are friendly they will always go the extra mile to make you happy. Any upcoming cruisers should look out for Vishnu, Roy or G (all outstanding!) We just booked again for November, this time bringing brother in law and his family.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I encourage guests to engage the butlers and other staff in Top Sail lounge and at the YC pool bar. If you are friendly they will always go the extra mile to make you happy.

I agree 100%. A little friendly engagement goes a long way!

I was so happy to see someone mention Vishnu in the YC! He was our Butler for 2 cruises on the Divina and he is the nicest most sincere person I have ever met on a cruise! Looking forward to seeing him in a few weeks! Jose in the YC Le Muse restaurant should be coming to the Seaside soon, look out for him as well as he is Excellent!

Thank you for a most amazing review, I am looking forward to our Seaside cruise next February; we have just returned from our first MSC cruise o board Opera and found it to be very enjoyable!. I will ask the unmentionable question.... was there a smoking area in the Yacht club area or in any of the bars?

Thank You, Kar

Eroller. Did you miss NOT having a balcony?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app

To be honest yes, but the budget for this cruise called for either a standard balcony or Yacht Club inside. Both around the same price. I don't regret our decision one bit, and I would do it again. I think being in the YC more than made up for not having a balcony. It was a completely different and upgraded experience compared to the rest of the ship.

Eroller-was it windy up at the YC pool deck area or no more than normal? Thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

No more wind than normal I don't think, at least speaking for my cruise and the times I was up on the YC deck. It was always quite pleasant.

Thank you for a most amazing review, I am looking forward to our Seaside cruise next February; we have just returned from our first MSC cruise o board Opera and found it to be very enjoyable!. I will ask the unmentionable question.... was there a smoking area in the Yacht club area or in any of the bars?

Thank You, Kar

Both smoking areas in the YC were outside. One on Deck 16, on the starboard side of the outdoor deck forward of the Top Sail Lounge. The other on Deck 19, forward of the pool and bar in a seating area also on the starboard side.

To be honest yes, but the budget for this cruise called for either a standard balcony or Yacht Club inside. Both around the same price. I don't regret our decision one bit, and I would do it again. I think being in the YC more than made up for not having a balcony. It was a completely different and upgraded experience compared to the rest of the ship.

Thanks! Greatly appreciate your insights!

Sent from my SM-G900V using Forums mobile app