MSC Seaside Yacht Club Review and Pics!

eroller

That is not correct. The Yacht Club automatically includes the deluxe drink package.

Called back and they are still telling me the same thing. They say there is a Classic and Premium and that the YC comes with the Classic. I am going to try to speak with a Supv.

Called back and they are still telling me the same thing. They say there is a Classic and Premium and that the YC comes with the Classic. I am going to try to speak with a Supv.

One of the unfortunate things about MSC is misinformation. Often times they get wrong, other times they say one thing and do another. I can verify 100% that I had the Deluxe Beverage Package with my YC booking and it wasn’t any special promotion, just what came as a standard YC benefit.

Many Thanks Eroller for your wonderful work!

As you say, MSC is not that bad like some here may suggest. As you also very well point they have areas for improvement, and let me to add that unfortunately they are quite slow to learn to note them and act together...

Wonderful that some are enjoying those YIN cabins... While they might be pleasant at some point... I remain thinking they will have some difficulties selling them out now that photos and videos of them are plenty available: True suite guests won't run for them... But non YC regulars on MSC won't run for them either... So to whom will they sell them? Families with parents in the deluxe suites and kids in the YIN?... I doubt that!... And for MSC downgrading drinks package like suggested would have been a kick on their foot, obviously!... By the way even misinformation unfortunately doesn't help...

Have a nice day!...

One of the unfortunate things about MSC is misinformation. Often times they get wrong, other times they say one thing and do another. I can verify 100% that I had the Deluxe Beverage Package with my YC booking and it wasn’t any special promotion, just what came as a standard YC benefit.

Thank you again for your time and your wonderful review and pics. I don't even know you but I trust you more than the reps :p:pso I am hoping for the best outcome.

Thank you very much for the excellent detailed review and thanks for the heads up that you need to rfid card to power the cabin.

We have an "Aurea SJ3 − Suite with whirlpool bath" booked for December 2018 so I'll just keep my card in the room to charge everything, while I use the wristband around the ship...

GREAT review! Looked at all the pictures. I am going to quote RoddyGateau:

"Eroller, you really should give lessons on how to write a cruise review.'

You answered lots of my questions with those pictures. Loved the picture of Frank and Chucks suite because it answered my question if my husband can't swivel the TV, can it be watched from the bed!! :)

Question:

When you are dropped off are people available to show you where yacht club check in is?? In case my cab driver has no clue!!

Question:

When you are dropped off are people available to show you where yacht club check in is?? In case my cab driver has no clue!!

Yes in fact we were not sure. We had lots of porters trying to take our luggage, but the minute we mentioned we were Yacht Club they pointed us in the right direction. The YC tent is just to the left of the main front door of Terminal F. Try to get dropped off as close to there as possible.

Thanks so much to everyone for the inspiring comments and appreciation. It really makes it all worth while! I'm so glad people are enjoying the review and pictures, and wish all the future Seaside cruisers as much fun as I had.

Great review! Your “seating” slide show is fantastic! Now I’ll have to go around the ship while I’m onboard and do a “scavenger hunt” to find all the different chairs. Thanks Ernie!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Hi FunNsun-

Are you looking at your booking confirmation that they emailed you? Or is this just from conversations on the phone?

Our YC confirmation states all drinks, at all bars, restaurants, etc are included. It does not mention a drink package like Classic or Deluxe, just YC inclusive.

Could it be that mentioning a 'drink package' is causing the confusion? Our phone booking and emailed confirmation was as easy/clear as any transaction in memory.

Cheers!

Could it be that mentioning a 'drink package' is causing the confusion? Our phone booking and emailed confirmation was as easy/clear as any transaction in memory.

Cheers!

This is quite right. I don’t think any printed materials actually specified “Deluxe Beverage Package”, but that is exactly what was included with my Yacht Club booking.

This is quite right. I don’t think any printed materials actually specified “Deluxe Beverage Package”, but that is exactly what was included with my Yacht Club booking.

FunNSUn, You mentioned that you upgraded to YIN. Did you previously have Classic Drink Package with your original booking (either via promotion or paid)? None of my YC documents indicate a drink package, so I'm thinking the old package just came over to the upgraded booking even though you would be entitled to the perks of the YC, which is all drinks except for the double asterisk from what I understand.

:D:D:D:D

Thank you for a fabulous review.

My husband and I are booked on the Seaside April 7th in a YC Balcony Suite and are looking forward it!

Your review provides so much detailed information and will guide us through our cruise.

I have read much about Arthur so I will be sure to request him.

Thanks again!

My booking included below which in addition to drinks in YC and mini bar you may also enjoy going throughout the ship to have drinks.

https://www.msccruisesusa.com/en-us/Manage-Your-Booking/All-Inclusive-Packages.aspx

All-Inclusive Cruise

MEALTIME RESTAURANT DRINK PACKAGE A.

UNLIMITED HOUSE BRAND WINE (WHITE, RED AND ROSÉ ), MINERAL WATER, DRAUGHT BEER AND SOFT DRINK DURING LUNCH AND DINNER IN THE MAIN ONBOARD RESTAURANTS ANS SELF-SERVICE BUFFET. NOT AVAILABLE IN À LA CARTE RESTAURANTS. TERMS $ CONDITIONS: THE PACKAGE MUST BE BOOKED BY ALL GUESTS OCCUPYING THE SAME CABIN, OR JUST TRAVELLING TOGETHER AND WISHING TO EAT AT THE SAME TABLE, INCLUDING MINORS WHO MUST BOOK THE CHILD VERSION OF THE PACKAGE. THE PACKAGE IS NOT OBLIGATORY FOR INFANTS UNDER 3 YEARS OLD (I.E. WHO HAVE NOT YET REACHED THEIR 3RD BIRTHDAY). THE PACKAGE IS FOR PERSONAL USE ONLY. THE ID CARD IS NON-TRANSFERRABLE. ABUSING THE TERMS OF THE ALL-INCLUSIVE PACKAGE MAY CAUSE THE SERVICE TO BE WITHDRAWN AND THE REMAINING DAYS NOT TO BE REFUNDED. THE PRICE OF THE PACKAGE APPLIES TO EACH DAY OF THE CRUISE EXCEPT FOR THE DAY OF DISEMBARKATION; THE PACKAGE CANNOT BE PURCHASED ON DAILY BASIS. ONCE ACTIVATED ON BOARD, THE PACKAGE CANNOT BE INTERRUPTED AND REFUNDED.

FunNSUn, You mentioned that you upgraded to YIN. Did you previously have Classic Drink Package with your original booking (either via promotion or paid)? None of my YC documents indicate a drink package, so I'm thinking the old package just came over to the upgraded booking even though you would be entitled to the perks of the YC, which is all drinks except for the double asterisk from what I understand.

When I booked the cruise back in 12/2015 the promo was the Classic Drink package which we upgraded for a fee to the top of the line package. When I switched to the Yacht Club my confirmation stated All-Inclusive Classic Drink Package A. When I called to dispute this they told me that their website says that the YC comes with the Classic but I don't see that. I am just going to wait until we board. I am sure it will all work out and hope that we have an amazing experience.

Thank you so much for your detailed review and pictures! I really enjoyed reading it and didnt want it to end!

Im leaving my family at home and sailing with my mom a week from Saturday and I dont anticipate us leaving thr YC or spa area too often lol.

My family sails NCL Haven so Im looking forward to trying and hopefully loving the YC. Im sure we will have a blast!

Thank you again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thank you so much for your detailed review and pictures! I really enjoyed reading it and didnt want it to end!

Im leaving my family at home and sailing with my mom a week from Saturday and I dont anticipate us leaving thr YC or spa area too often lol.

My family sails NCL Haven so Im looking forward to trying and hopefully loving the YC. Im sure we will have a blast!

Thank you again!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm sure you will love it! Overall I thought the YC area on Seaside was nicer than the Haven area on the NCL ships, especially the pool, pool deck, and lounge. The Top Sail Lounge is really wonderful, and right now NCL offers nothing quite like it for the Haven (they will on Bliss though). Just love that forward facing view. I also liked that the restaurant and lounge were connected. It was nice to hear the violinist and pianist from the lounge up in the restaurant. Where the Haven was quite superior was with cuisine. More choice, better prepared, and better quality. All the rest I give to MSC but overall very similar.

The Yacht Club is FAR less expensive than The Haven.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Generally I would agree, but it does depend on the ship and sail date.

October - Haven Spa Suite on NCL Getaway = $2299 pp

October - Yacht Club Deluxe Suite on Seaside = $1889 pp

So a difference of $410pp at least for this sailing.