Now don’t get all crazy...

zanydoc

But it’s a couple more Cheers questions ;p!

1) Do you have to tell the bartender each time that you are using Cheers, or will they know after you hand them your card?

2) Do you have to sign some kind of slip every time?

3) Where do you get drinks like vitamin water and energy drinks? Somewhere other than the regular bars, or do they have everything except milkshakes and specialty coffees there?

4) What is your strategy for battling hangovers while still getting the most out of Cheers? I’m not used to drinking this much but my intentions are clear...I’m gonna do it on my upcoming cruise, by golly! Hopefully it won’t kill me:')!

Thanks for your input!

But it’s a couple more Cheers questions ;p!

1) Do you have to tell the bartender each time that you are using Cheers, or will they know after you hand them your card? No, they know when they swipe your S&S card.

2) Do you have to sign some kind of slip every time? Most of the time but I have had time's when I didn't get a slip to sign.

3) Where do you get drinks like vitamin water and energy drinks? Somewhere other than the regular bars, or do they have everything except milkshakes and specialty coffees there? Each bar is different. Sometimes they have them and sometimes they don't. The specialty coffee shop has them all the time.

4) What is your strategy for battling hangovers while still getting the most out of Cheers? I’m not used to drinking this much but my intentions are clear...I’m gonna do it on my upcoming cruise, by golly! Hopefully it won’t kill me:')! Eat a good breakfast, lunch, dinner and keep hydrated!

Thanks for your input!

See bold above.

1. They put a sticker on your S&S card - and it's also noted in the system when they swipe your card.

2. Yes, they swipe your card for each drink and you have to sign the receipt. That is also where you can add in extra gratuity if you so desire.

3. All at the bars.

4. Take it slow, enjoy the package, order a Mimosa or Bloody Mary with breakfast and pace the entire day. Drink water and eat in between.

My thoughts, already mostly covered, but with a unique spin on a couple:

1. Your card tells them. We didn't have any kind of stickers on our last cruise. If you get to know your bartender well enough, you don't even need to hand them your card after a while, sometimes.

2. Generally you get a slip, except MDR. coevan, why do you prefer cash over adding to the S&S account? Because you know the bartender gets it, not sure the other way?

3. Not sure. I would imagine the Lido deck bars have all of those things, but I would be surprised if Alchemy bar had them, for example.

4. While eating well, keeping hydrated, and whatnot is all good advice, another possible thing: practice. Seriously, have a few nights ahead of the cruise where you drink a bit more than normal. That way you don't completely shock you system on that first day. We don't need to do that, because we are heavier than average drinkers to begin with...

What is your strategy for battling hangovers

I can help you with this one. Drink lots of non-alcohol fluid before bed and in the morning. Never mind you have to get up in the middle of the night to go to the bathroom, it's better than a hangover.

Also, I have found that doing activities, like walking a lot while onshore, helps to flush out enough of the poison to make room for more of it when you return to the ship. So basically, I am an alcohol-free zone from bedtime to beer-thirty the next day, and that lets the old liver recover.

I drink like a fish on vacation and don't tend to get hang overs and I even drink lots of sugary cocktails....my tip is I drink a water bottle between each alcoholic beverage and I make sure I am eating all day too....

I drink like a fish on vacation and don't tend to get hang overs and I even drink lots of sugary cocktails....my tip is I drink a water bottle between each alcoholic beverage and I make sure I am eating all day too....

Famof4togo. While I don't drink quite like a fish I have also learned the beauty of a bottle of water between drinks. The last all inclusive waiter got the trick down pat and would bring me a water when asking if I wanted another drink. Got a big tip from me.

Next cruise is the first we will be ordering Cheers and I plan to flush each drink with a bottle of water.

Famof4togo. While I don't drink quite like a fish I have also learned the beauty of a bottle of water between drinks. The last all inclusive waiter got the trick down pat and would bring me a water when asking if I wanted another drink. Got a big tip from me.

Next cruise is the first we will be ordering Cheers and I plan to flush each drink with a bottle of water.

It does work great !!! I haven't really had a hang over in years...ok well there was that one fireball night lol....but really it does work lol....I just hope the bartenders let me get a water bottle with each drink at the same time and not wait the 5 minutes in between....Enjoy your Cheers !!! We sure do lol

Thank you for all these great tips...I especially like the one about practicing beforehand! Like in any good sport-you must practice before getting it right! :D And the water-that is usually where I fail because after a few drinks, I forget that I need water...

Water, water, water. Just like everyone else said. You get bottled water with Cheers, take advantage of it. I actually order a case of water for my room, just to make sure we have enough. One bartender on Liberty handed me a bottle of water on day 1, and said to keep drinking water!

Sent from my SM-G930V using Forums mobile app

2. tip cash, don't sign for a tip

100% this. I bring lots of $1 bills with me, and zero out the extra gratuity line on the slip and just tuck the bill in the envelope (if I get one). Once they see you tip, you get GREAT service, especially if you frequent a specific bar. I've had bartenders start making my drink as soon as they see me. Also, in the dining room you will find it easier to get that 2nd glass of wine (or 3rd) with dinner.

[putting on my flame-retardant onesie]

Other than the must do water-- another tip--brush your teeth, tongue, and roof of mouth before going to bed. Get the alcohol taste and residue out of your mouth before you go to sleep. Eating some carbs (breads, pretzels, fruits) throughout the day helps too-- they absorb alcohol, although some say they don't it has worked for me. Somethings I learned in college ;)

Enjoy your Cheers!!