Is every Ship/ Sailing capacity controlled?

Herbaltees

Yes, I want try a particular room.

Not exactly sure what type of cabin category you wish to try ... but here's a few thoughts on our experiences. We prefer spa cabins, balconies or suites. We prefer to sail in spring and fall and NOT around spring break or summer when there are a lot more kids overall on the ships. (Our Nov 2017 10 day was a Journey's cruise - less than 10 kids on the ship; most of the members were Diamond or Platinum and the ship was pretty much deserted after dinner ... it was GREAT).

We had wanted to try a particular spa suite for sometime ... Cabin #12001 or #12002 largest spa suite on the front corners. In order to book said cabin we had to snag it as soon as the sailing became available. We waited 2 years to sail in that cabin b/c it books out fast. On a partial itinerary and ship we had already sailed on.

Just my 2c.

Ahhhh...So, there are only two of you, and you want a particular cabin that is rated for 3/4? If so, and it is a particularly desirable cabin, doubt you will ever get it because it will be sold long before those cabins are released for coules. EM

(Our Nov 2017 10 day was a Journey's cruise - less than 10 kids on the ship; most of the members were Diamond or Platinum and the ship was pretty much deserted after dinner ... it was GREAT).

We had wanted to try a particular spa suite for sometime ... Cabin #12001 or #12002 largest spa suite on the front corners. In order to book said cabin we had to snag it as soon as the sailing became available. We waited 2 years to sail in that cabin b/c it books out fast. On a partial itinerary and ship we had already sailed on.

Just my 2c.

Thank you. I guess I will need to play around with the site to find a sailing that allows us to book. We are interested in a journey itin, too. But I have a feeling it will also be capacity controlled since it's "special".

Ahhhh...So, there are only two of you, and you want a particular cabin that is rated for 3/4? If so, and it is a particularly desirable cabin, doubt you will ever get it because it will be sold long before those cabins are released for coules. EM

Book 2 friends with you and then have them no show at check in. You will pay more, but how important is that room to you :)

We had a balcony on the Breeze that could have held four but there was only two of us, no we didn’t have to give it up or move or pay for 4 people.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

But the kicker is that you may have been moved to a different cabin without your permission if someone needed a four person balcony cabin. It is a chance that one takes when booking a cabin with less passengers than the cabin is rated for.

We had a balcony on the Breeze that could have held four but there was only two of us, no we didn’t have to give it up or move or pay for 4 people.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

How did you book it? Or was it just available during your cabin selection?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums