Norwegian price increases

swanmark

Dec 2017 booked Bliss to Alaska for September 2018 for Haven PH Courtyard $6049. January 2018 price went up to $6349. Was I happy I booked when I did. Feb 01 price down $15, Feb 08 price down $235, Feb 13 price down $300, Feb 16 price down $200. Now paid $5299. These are pp before fees and gratuity. Even with the price drop there are still 15 PH left on deck 17. As far as I can tell only 3 are booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We were just pricing out the Bliss Haven suites for Alaska. I thought it was a mistake when I saw $6K per person for a 7 night cruise in the lowest category Haven suite. I guess it's not a mistake :eek:

We were just pricing out the Bliss Haven suites for Alaska. I thought it was a mistake when I saw $6K per person for a 7 night cruise in the lowest category Haven suite. I guess it's not a mistake :eek:

I am hoping it is a typo since the cruise alone for 6 people says approx $1,400 per person, but the cruisetour on the Jewel says it is about $101,400 per person! WTH! Are the hotels made of solid gold? I almost peed myself when that came up!

I didn’t notice any real change. Leaving on Getaway in 2 weeks 4th of March. Balcony cabin for two , total cost $3636 CDN including UBP SDP and 100 OBC. Booked identical cruise on Getaway for March 2019 $3641CDN. $5 dollar difference, can’t get much closer than that.

I didn’t notice any real change. Leaving on Getaway in 2 weeks 4th of March. Balcony cabin for two , total cost $3636 CDN including UBP SDP and 100 OBC. Booked identical cruise on Getaway for March 2019 $3641CDN. $5 dollar difference, can’t get much closer than that.

Difference I think is the ship and destination. It’s in the new Bliss going to Alaska.

Difference I think is the ship and destination. It’s in the new Bliss going to Alaska.

When Bliss sailings initially available the 5 night pacific coastal Haven spa was $1799 pp. that included dsc, the ubp and sdp (back prior to adding the gratuity), some obc and Internet 250 mins. Same room, same sailing today is $3699. That sailing was priced right for those willing to book way out. I think insides were $499? By the time the Pearl PC was canceled for a charter the pricing on the Bliss had more than doubled. Bliss pc initially wasn’t much more than Pearl’s pacific coast. Sometimes NCL will offer price protection on a valid alternative. Sometimes it’s just sorry see ya later.

The Alaska sailings were initially very high priced on their suites. Sounds like they’re now coming down on some. Really the key is booking way out, keep fingers crossed they don’t cancel and Watch for price drops. Ncl wants the pricing to go up/not down as time passes. When it goes down prior to final payment they either missed the mark initially or some type of disaster. They get it right more often than not so the high priced suites we see are mostly because they sold enough at lower prices to early birds and can demand top $ for remaining staterooms.

When Bliss sailings initially available the 5 night pacific coastal Haven spa was $1799 pp. that included dsc, the ubp and sdp (back prior to adding the gratuity), some obc and Internet 250 mins. Same room, same sailing today is $3699. That sailing was priced right for those willing to book way out. I think insides were $499? By the time the Pearl PC was canceled for a charter the pricing on the Bliss had more than doubled. Bliss pc initially wasn’t much more than Pearl’s pacific coast. Sometimes NCL will offer price protection on a valid alternative. Sometimes it’s just sorry see ya later.

The Alaska sailings were initially very high priced on their suites. Sounds like they’re now coming down on some. Really the key is booking way out, keep fingers crossed they don’t cancel and Watch for price drops. Ncl wants the pricing to go up/not down as time passes. When it goes down prior to final payment they either missed the mark initially or some type of disaster. They get it right more often than not so the high priced suites we see are mostly because they sold enough at lower prices to early birds and can demand top $ for remaining staterooms.

There are 18 PH Courtyard on Deck 17. 15 are not sold. On Deck 18 I counted 9 and only 6 were sold. Apparently no one is rushing to get them with a price drop of $1350 pp in two weeks.

There are 18 PH Courtyard on Deck 17. 15 are not sold. On Deck 18 I counted 9 and only 6 were sold. Apparently no one is rushing to get them with a price drop of $1350 pp in two weeks.

Yeah, when I saw the initial pricing on first offer for Haven Alaska I thought they would have a tough time selling. The Haven suite I just booked for med two week pricing is less than the one week on the Bliss. It’s all about demand and Alaska/new ship can command higher pricing - obviously just not as high as Ncl thought. There’s a limit on how much one can charge for a couple hundred square feet. In the end it’s still a mainstream mega ship- not an apartment in San Francisco.

The ice cream at my local ice cream parlor also increased. Prices ALWAYS increase.

Not always. Fares of cruises don’t really increased and in some cases went down since 80-es.

Everything else... drinks, excursions, tips, photos prices increased by a lot

Celebrity does not charge gratuities on beverage packages selected as a perk. NCL does. I priced a cruise next April on Getaway or Celebrity’s new Edge and Edge was cheaper.

Are you positive about this. Someone posted the same thing a few days ago and then corrected themselves yesterday. :o

The ice cream at my local ice cream parlor also increased. Prices ALWAYS increase.

Actually if you compare clothing prices from the 1980's to today you will see that prices have for the most part remained stagnant or gone lower

Ok...maybe not for wedding gowns..but they are ridiculously priced these days anyway...

But kids clothing

Denim jeans (genetic brand)

Underwater

Winter coats

I recall paying $250 for a winter coat back in the 1980's but recently paid $79 for a better quality same type winter coat last December

It's obvious why clothing prices have gone down of course due to importing versus home grown manufacturing

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not always. Fares of cruises don’t really increased and in some cases went down since 80-es.

Everything else... drinks, excursions, tips, photos prices increased by a lot

Agree...in 1989 we paid $2100 in total for 2 for an OV on a 600 pax ancient rust bucket...the Chandris Britanis for 7 night cruise

In 2016 we paid $1600 in total for 2 for an 8 night balcony on the 2300 pax Gem

In 2015 I paid $1800 in total for an inside triple 12 day cruise in the 4000 pax BA

In 2016 I paid $2100 in total for an inside triple 10 night on the gem

Of course the trade off for the lower prices is the increased number of pax to deal with on the mega ships but even an older ship these days isn't really all that old

I think the britanis was near 40 yo when we cruised her. Lol. I believe she was stripped for parts and sunk somewhere in the Indian Ocean

Sent from my iPad using Forums