Hair braiding

cruisedreamin-gang

John Heald just posted about this on Thursday. While you're asking about Half Moon and not Grand Turk, this is still something you may want to think about....

John I had my hair braided in Grand Turk and when I got back to the boat I discovered I had some living insects in my hair. I was upset that nobody warned me about the dangers of doing this.Others should be warned.

-------------------------------------------------------

Having your hair braided used to be the law while on a cruise and these days it still is except it is a little more regulated than the free for all of a few years ago. The ladies in most of the ports use the same brush and comb an to decorate hundreds of heads and clean them by giving them a quick wash in the sea . I will then suggest that if you have this done ashore in any port to think of bringing your own brush and comb etc.

It would be a fun way to start your cruise by having your hair braided before hand. There are nice, clean, regulated hair salons that specialize in African braiding in the States & abroad. I have seen lots of folks of different races & sexes getting their hair braided in the shops I’ve visited. Just an idea :)

I agree that the African hair braiders do an awesome job. Let your granddaughter pick out a style and then get it done before you leave. If you like the braids, they will last for weeks before you have to take them out.