Will Bliss Have a Vibe

gmbhardy

We have not been on an NCL ship yet that has Vibe so don't know much about it. So even though we are going to be on the Bliss inaugural Seattle to Alaska sailing I am thinking about trying to get these passes. Yeah, it won't be sunbathing weather in Alaska but it might be nice to use the hot tubs and just have a quiet place to get away from the crowds. And I may treat it as a more private area to glacier watch ;p

I guess I will need to try and obtain the passes first thing when I get on the ship? This will be our first time on a mega ship so we might need a place to "escape" to so I may try to snag these coveted passes (and I'm thinking/hoping they may not be so coveted for Alaska).

We have not been on an NCL ship yet that has Vibe so don't know much about it. So even though we are going to be on the Bliss inaugural Seattle to Alaska sailing I am thinking about trying to get these passes. Yeah, it won't be sunbathing weather in Alaska but it might be nice to use the hot tubs and just have a quiet place to get away from the crowds. And I may treat it as a more private area to glacier watch ;p

I guess I will need to try and obtain the passes first thing when I get on the ship? This will be our first time on a mega ship so we might need a place to "escape" to so I may try to snag these coveted passes (and I'm thinking/hoping they may not be so coveted for Alaska).

I don’t think you will have any trouble scoring a vibe pass for an Alaska sailing lol. You may even have the whole area to yourself!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Have you considered a Thermal Spa pass instead of a Vibe pass? On an Alaskan cruise, I think a Thermal Spa pass would be more practical. Of course I'm a big fan of the Thermal Spa that's why I'm suggesting it. Check it out before you decide.

Have you considered a Thermal Spa pass instead of a Vibe pass? On an Alaskan cruise, I think a Thermal Spa pass would be more practical. Of course I'm a big fan of the Thermal Spa that's why I'm suggesting it. Check it out before you decide.

No, I had not thought about that. Great idea, Barb! Thank you for the suggestion. Vibe and Thermal Spa passes are foreign concepts to me having never been in either. I will look into it for sure. And you are right, Thermal would be more practical for Alaska. Thanks again. :)

No, I had not thought about that. Great idea, Barb! Thank you for the suggestion. Vibe and Thermal Spa passes are foreign concepts to me having never been in either. I will look into it for sure. And you are right, Thermal would be more practical for Alaska. Thanks again. :)

The Mandara Thermal Spa will cost more than a Vibe pass, but well worth the extra $.On our recent Escape cruise, I spent at least two hours a day there. It is totally relaxing, plus the heated tile loungers are my favorite. They also have a giant thelossapy (sp?) pool, whirlpool, saunas, ice room, salt room, etc. If you're not sure if you want it or not, you can wait until you board the Bliss and then go to the Thermal Spa and request a tour to decide if you want it or not. The only drawback is if you wait to book it after you board you will pay about $20 more than if you would prebook it. Another plus is no children allowed. They only issue a weekly pass, not daily.

I just checked out the deck plans for the Bliss and notice it is in the back of the ship. It would be a good place to go to be inside and be able to view the Alaskan scenery if it's too cold to sit out on the deck.

When we went on our Panama Canal cruise on the Pearl, I went to the spa (in the front of the ship) during the transit of the canal, sat on a lounger, and had a bird's eye view of the crossing.

We have been on many Alaskan cruises and there is sunbathing going on. The ship will sell about 70 vibe passes first-come-first-serve (that's 70 passes for the 4500 passengers on board). If you are really, really serious about getting a pass, arrive at the port around 9:00 am. Try to get through security and check-in quickly and in the first boarding group. Priority boarders (Ambassador, Platinum Plus, and Platinum members) will get on first, then general boarding. Head in the general direction of guest services and ask the crew where the passes are being sold.

In general, remember that the Bell Street cruise terminal is right on a main street and not designed to handle a lot of people. NCL and the port authority were jointly paying to upgrade the terminal to handle the Bliss. But no amount of money spent on the terminal will help the basic traffic and infrastructure problems in that area. Long winded way of saying, get their early and take a big "chill pill" before arriving for that inaugural cruise.