Advice needed

Honey-B

This will be our first time cruising the Caribbean leaving from Miami and we decided to take in Orlando as part of the holiday. We will be flying home from Orlando at 1805hrs on the same day the cruise returns.

We were planning on hiring a car back to Orlando but now I'm worried we will not have enough time after reading some of the posts about disembarking. I have checked flights but I think the time of 1335 may be cutting it fine.

Has anyone had any experience of this that can give me some advice.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Forums mobile app

I wouldn't bother to go to orlando for what will be 1/2 day. There is nothing to see there, unless you go to one of the theme parks and it's not worth the time/effort to go to any of them for just 1/2 a day.

I recommend just flying home from Miami and seeing Orlando some other time when you have a few days.

It's about a 4 hour drive in normal traffic. Like already mentioned, unless you are going to a theme part there's no reason to go to Orlando. Just fly home from Miami or spend a few days in Orlando and go to the parks. There are so many theme parks that you need at least 3 days to see half of them.

This will be our first time cruising the Caribbean leaving from Miami and we decided to take in Orlando as part of the holiday. We will be flying home from Orlando at 1805hrs on the same day the cruise returns.

We were planning on hiring a car back to Orlando but now I'm worried we will not have enough time after reading some of the posts about disembarking. I have checked flights but I think the time of 1335 may be cutting it fine.

If you mean that you are thinking about switching flights to 13:35 out of Orlando, then it is about 3.5 hours driving time from Miami to Orlando. So if you can get off in time to catch your ride by 08:00 you would be there about 2 hours prior to flight time.

Has anyone had any experience of this that can give me some advice.

Have a great cruise.

What I should have asked is it possible to drive from Miami to Orlando airport to catch a 1805 flight home or should I get a flight from Miami at 1335 to Orlando getting me there at 1440hrs after coming of cruise that arrives into Miami at 0700hrs?

What I should have asked is it possible to drive from Miami to Orlando airport to catch a 1805 flight home or should I get a flight from Miami at 1335 to Orlando getting me there at 1440hrs after coming of cruise that arrives into Miami at 0700hrs?

It's probably safest to drive (time wise). If the flight gets delayed you could be in trouble. Driving gets you there with many hours to spare. There are also companies that run shuttle buses between Miami and Orlando. I looked into those when we did a similar trip. But ended up renting a car and driving. We drove from Orland to Miami, did a cruise then flew home. But we flew home from Miami.

My choice would be to drive. You have plenty of time in case of traffic snarls and you won't have to spend all those extra hours sitting around airports. This assumes that you are comfortable driving on the wrong side of the road. :D