2/2/18 cruise

sammy2011

Most people in our group ended up sick. My husband got pneumonia and ended up in ship's hospital. While I think he received good care, billing was incompetent. We didn't receive updated paperwork before disembarking but were billed over $10000 on our VISA. Now we have to fight to get the updated paperwork by having release forms notarized and multiple phone calls on hold forever. This is totally unacceptable and we will never cruise on NCL again nor will any others in our group. The customer service is definitely lacking. Seems quite suspicious that so many in our group alone fell ill during the cruise. Perhaps sanitation was not what it should have been?

Or, perhaps you went on a cruise, which is basically a giant Petri dish dead in the middle of one of the worst flu seasons in the last several decades. Honestly, act like a grown up and take some accountability instead of running straight to an Internet forum to complain about things a cruise line has zero control over. PS: YOU and ONLY you are responsible for making sure you have the paperwork you need to file a medical reimbursement claim. Of course it was charged to your credit card upfront, because that’s how it works.

Which ship???? Please don't say GEM

Did a little research. I think poster was on Getaway out of NYC. Anyway, I am boarding the Sun on 3/16. I hate to read reports of people not getting good timely medical care on cruises. Hope the poster arrives home soon to recover.

Did a little research. I think poster was on Getaway out of NYC. Anyway, I am boarding the Sun on 3/16. I hate to read reports of people not getting good timely medical care on cruises. Hope the poster arrives home soon to recover.

They got good care, '. While I think he received good care, billing was incompetent,'. Billing is the issue.

I can see being upset about the billing issues..... however as another poster said this has been one of the worst flu seasons so you can't really blame them for people in your party getting sick. Unfortunately some people while they are sick on a cruise don't take steps to contain their sickness

Yep, filing a medical claim out of your area is a Bit**. Takes a lot of work and patience. Much luck and keep plugging away.

Oh, and sorry you all got sick. Been there…done that. And a few broken bones also! (don't shout "dolphin and NOT expect me to jump up) Haha……

Seems quite suspicious that so many in our group alone fell ill during the cruise. Perhaps sanitation was not what it should have been?
Think about it...you are on a ship with a few thousand people, some who could have come on the ship ill or got sick on the ship. Those ill people walked around the ship touching things and you and your group touched the same things. Not to mention that you were a group, so if one gets it, it is very easy to pass it along to other members of the group. This is not a specific issue with NCL, it happens on all cruise lines, because people do get sick and they do pass it around, but if you find a cruise line that never has a sick person, please pass it along, because I'll cruise it in a New York minute.

Getaway is sailing out of Miami not NYC.

I didn't read issues with them getting timely care, it was related to billing and getting sick.