up-sell question

StormySeas

for those of you who have gotten a call or email for an up-sell, did you book thru carnival or online travel provider? I know I am getting my hopes up but I would like to move to a better room. this time we got a port hole room and I know I will miss my balcony. I might call to upgrade anyway but I was just wondering if I will stand a chance of being one of the lucky folks contacted if I booked thru an online provider.

I've never gotten the call but our friends we always travel with has gotten several. We both always book directly through Carnival. I don't think Carnival will call you for an upsell if you don't book through them, I could be wrong though and am sure someone will correct me if so.

Carnival can only contact you if you booked direct. Once you have a TA, all correspondence must go through them. There is a chance you can get an offer when using a TA especially if they want your specific cabin, but when they are looking to move quickly they will call and email the people who they can deal with without a middleman. It makes sense from their perspective.

I have gotten upsell offers both by phone and email when I booked with my PVP.

Firemanbobswife is correct. If you booked though a TA (either online or brick and mortar), Carnival will contact that TA and not you.... assuming they try to contact the TA at all. If you booked direct with Carnival (either online or with a PVP), they will contact you directly.

My mom did get a free upgrade when she used a TA a long time ago. She had a connecting OV and the TA said she thought they needed it for a family so they could have connecting cabins. So I think if there’s a particular reason they want your specific cabin, you have a better shot with a TA.

Normally for regular upsells before Guarantee assignments are done, Carnival is on a time crunch and wants to get it done as quick as possible so they go to the people that can give them an answer right away and not play phone/email tag. Not saying it never happens, but I think the chances are a lot slimmer when using a TA. That’s what the upsell lady basically said to me anyway.

I booked a balcony through Carnival about 4 months in November . A few weeks ago I received an email to move into an extended balcony for $18. I had a choice of 5 cabins. I just followed the online directions, and it was done.