Specialty Dining Advice Summit

SweetPease

Departing soon (Saturday) for our first cruise aboard the Summit. We’ve purchased a 3 night specialty dining package and would love suggestions on where to dine. Should we try all 3 restaurants or stick to certain venues? Read a few reviews that were not favorable to Tuscan Grille. Thanks in advance for any and all help!

Summit does not have many choices if you purchased a 3-night dining package. Don't worry about the reviews here. Just try the restaurants yourself. Dining is very subjective. We were on Summit a few months ago. We enjoyed Qsine, Tuscan and Sushi-on-5. Enjoy your cruise!

I agree with t, sometimes the James Beard judges have a bad night when reviewing or sometimes the chefs have a bad night when reviewed. The good thing is, you can always send your meal back and order something else instead of 'suffering', if in fact it is bad.

bon appetite and bon voyage

That was meant to say "cioppino" :)

Glad you posted that clarification. For the life of me I could not imagine what "chipping" was. I've eaten at Tuscan Grille many times but can't recall if they have cioppino. I believe the full menu from Summit has been posted on cruise critic, though, so maybe you can find it there.

Glad you posted that clarification. For the life of me I could not imagine what "chipping" was. I've eaten at Tuscan Grille many times but can't recall if they have cioppino. I believe the full menu from Summit has been posted on cruise critic, though, so maybe you can find it there.

You know, with enough notice, I would not doubt that the chef could not prepare it exactly or as close as possible as a special order... would not hurt to request several days in advance.

bon voyage

Hard to understand your comment. I've dined in Qsine a number of times. You select everything you want in advance on the iPad then the waiter adjusts the order of food delivery to you in what makes most sense. But the waiter also discusses the order of your food delivery with you in case you want to change it. Maybe you had a less experienced waiter.