Yay! Price drop on HOTS allows for Room Upgrades. Excited!!!

L1211

Spring break prices were terrible but wanted to give the Harmony and RCCL a try so booked a pair of Virtual Balcony interiors for a pretty high price for the 3/31 sailing. But, OV balconies were in the $500 to $700 more per person range and I just couldn't justify it. Folks on my roll call were discussing upgrades so I gave it a peek. For $59 total I moved the DH and I to a OV balcony on 8 and the teens to a Boardwalk Balcony directly across the hall. So excited about the balcony scores!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ha! While waiting on the booking to be finalized a D5 on 14 opened up. Got 14725 and 724 (OV balcony and Boardwalk Balcony directly across from one another) for a COMPED UPGRADE! Anyone have experience with these rooms? With the Boardwalk balcony so near the back of the ship, will they have an ocean view or be able to see the Aqua Theatre? New to Royal and the Harmony. Appreciate any input!

75daeda99e2580eb11203019f3ae466b.jpg

Yay!!!! Congrats! I got the idea to check from the roll call. They were crazy expensive in January when I booked so wouldn't have even though it possible.

Spring break prices were terrible but wanted to give the Harmony and RCCL a try so booked a pair of Virtual Balcony interiors for a pretty high price for the 3/31 sailing. But, OV balconies were in the $500 to $700 more per person range and I just couldn't justify it. Folks on my roll call were discussing upgrades so I gave it a peek. For $59 total I moved the DH and I to a OV balcony on 8 and the teens to a Boardwalk Balcony directly across the hall. So excited about the balcony scores!!!

Excellent!

I'm a little naive here. When can you call and get an upgrade?

I'm new to it too, but I think if you find a higher category for price close to what you paid for the lower category? I expected to pay based on prices on the website so I'm unclear why it was a comped upgrade. I'm sure it has something to do with current pricing.

Ha! While waiting on the booking to be finalized a D5 on 14 opened up. Got 14725 and 724 (OV balcony and Boardwalk Balcony directly across from one another) for a COMPED UPGRADE! Anyone have experience with these rooms? With the Boardwalk balcony so near the back of the ship, will they have an ocean view or be able to see the Aqua Theatre? New to Royal and the Harmony. Appreciate any input!

75daeda99e2580eb11203019f3ae466b.jpg

You'll should be able to to see the aqua theater from there. If not there is a deck I believe at the end of your hallway overlooking the theater.

Sent from my SM-N950U1 using Tapatalk

I'm new to it too, but I think if you find a higher category for price close to what you paid for the lower category? I expected to pay based on prices on the website so I'm unclear why it was a comped upgrade. I'm sure it has something to do with current pricing.

After final payment, you can upgrade when the price of a higher cabin is the same or lower price than the category you booked.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums