Waterproof Bag or Chair Safe for Stuff on Beach?

sjmbruce

During our cruise, my husband and I will be at the beach a few times without anyone else in our group. We'll have a credit card, ID's and cash. I'd also really like to have my cheaper point and shoot camera with me. Has anyone ever purchased a waterproof bag or chair safe that was successfully used?

The credit card,ship's card, ID's and cash can get wet. Hubby can stick them in a velcro pocket on his swim trunks. Put your camera under your tote and ask a neighbor on the beach if they would "keep an eye" on it while you take a dip. You won't be THAT far from your stuff...and can keep an eye on your "spot".

There are plenty of waterproof bags and containers for sale on the internet. We use a nylon fanny pack that contains a triple seal waterproof bag (is is called a Seacaddy....but is now sold under a different name). You can just go to Amazon and search for "waterproof snorkeling bag" and you will see some examples

Over fifty years of snorkeling and diving has taught me to never leave any valuables on the beach. If we cannot carry it...and its valuable....it stays at home (or in our cabin)

Hank

We use one of those water proof triple seal bags that my DH wears on his waist when we’re in the water. We even take my Iphone and put it there. Works real well. I’d never leave anything on the beach except a beach towel.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Get a waterproof camera. That way you can take pictures while in the water. And under water. I picked up a Canon D30 just for this use.

Everything else can get wet, but I also have some of those small containers that go around the next for cash and cards.

Like this, but mine it thinner:

https://www.amazon.com/SE-Storage-Container-Waterproof-4-25x2-75x1in/dp/B001DKAX44

We use this: https://safego.us/

It is big enough to hold our camera, phone, and wallet/ credit cards and a few other random items. We've been happy with it thus far. It attaches to a chair or table or any other object with a bar or loop or anything to put the cord through. When we purchased it several years ago there were fewer choices; there are all sorts of bags, safes, etc. that lock now.

That said, if someone REALLY wanted to break into it they could, so we don't tend to go far. It does keep away the "opportunists", though, which is usually the issue for us since we may go in the water or for a quick walk, but if we are going far or for a long period of time we take valuables with us (and try not to bring irreplaceable items at all).