Applying a discount after booking?

Evilgrin72

No $200 discount because it was for new bookings only but at least someone followed up.

And we can hope the upper management will work on getting the customer service reps return calls more reliably.:rolleyes:

No $200 discount because it was for new bookings only but at least someone followed up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I don’t recall now, and don’t want to scroll back through 104 posts, but did you have a non refundable fare? I was told I could cancel and rebook to get the discount, but I didn’t want to switch room categories (I’m booked in a promenade and the SAVEMORE $200 discount is only for outsides and above).

I just called last night and got a $300 reduction on my cruise for next Oct. with a non refundable deposit. I had to call 2x. First answer was can only save you $66. Hung up and called again. Next person gave me the $300 off. I did do a mock booking that saved me $400 but she didn't come up with same price. I just gladly took the $300

I don’t recall now, and don’t want to scroll back through 104 posts, but did you have a non refundable fare? I was told I could cancel and rebook to get the discount, but I didn’t want to switch room categories (I’m booked in a promenade and the SAVEMORE $200 discount is only for outsides and above).

They did say I could cancel and re-book or even upgrade. But I didn’t want to lose my room. I have a deck 10 aft balcony. I really think it depends on who you speak with. Some have been able to get the discount. Some haven’t. The first day when I did mock booking, it showed $200 for SAVEMORE. The second day when I did mock booking, it only showed $86 off for SAVEMORE. Who knows. I’m just going to keep my room and assume the price will keep dropping. It has already went down over $200pp from the original price and final payment isn’t due until August.

They did say I could cancel and re-book or even upgrade. But I didn’t want to lose my room. I have a deck 10 aft balcony. I really think it depends on who you speak with. Some have been able to get the discount. Some haven’t. The first day when I did mock booking, it showed $200 for SAVEMORE. The second day when I did mock booking, it only showed $86 off for SAVEMORE. Who knows. I’m just going to keep my room and assume the price will keep dropping. It has already went down over $200pp from the original price and final payment isn’t due until August.

Yeah I’m always worried that they’ll mess up my room too. The last time I called about a price drop they said I couldn’t use the SAVEMORE because of my room category, but said I could save $ by changing to non-refundable, and the price they quoted me was actually a lot more than I saw when I did a mock booking online. I’ve had it go the other way too.