How does tendering work?

KarimaJ

Hi. I have not yet had to render on my cruises. We will be stopping in Grand Cayman on the Escape in April and was wondering how the rendering process worked. Our tour (non-NCL) leaves around 9:15 and they suggest get on the first 5 tenders. When and where do I get the tender tickets? I heard you can get them on the first day or is it the day before Grand Cayman? Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The tickets are digital. We signed up on the screens around the boat. You might be able to do it on your room tv, but you cannot do it through the app. They do "sell out", but when I was on escape two weeks ago they started tendering early. Which no one was then ready for, so they blew through the numbers and it became kind of useless. No one checked our cards. But we could have just as easily started to tender late and really needed the tickets!

The reservations opened up sometime the day before (we got ours around 5 but had been open for a bit because we got the last tickets for 3) and you can get up to 6 tickets per card.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Hi. I have not yet had to render on my cruises. We will be stopping in Grand Cayman on the Escape in April and was wondering how the rendering process worked. Our tour (non-NCL) leaves around 9:15 and they suggest get on the first 5 tenders. When and where do I get the tender tickets? I heard you can get them on the first day or is it the day before Grand Cayman? Thanks!

Start checking the touch screen kiosks when you board. Tickets for prime time sell out quickly.

Remember, a ticket time only allows you to join the line. It does not mean that you are leaving the ship at that time. You still have to work your way, in line, to the security checkpoint to scan off the ship, then onto the tender (which may take a while to load), before the tender leaves the ship for the trip to shore. The duration of that trip depends on which anchor position you get.

Ok....mine is not tendering, but on NCL in Cuba, we had to get 'tickets' to disembark in Havana. I was a solo cruiser, they were calling #s and I thought WHY am I waiting for a # to be called? I got in line, the woman checking the tickets asked me if 'everyone' in my party was ready to disembark. I said "yes, it's only me". She said "then go ahead and enjoy Havana." I don't know IF they'll do that for you, for the tendering ... but my experience was they weren't very strict about the #s and sequence.

We went straight to headliners when we got on the ship to make tender reservations. I think hey start immediately because we still got tender #3 for each tender port

But I don’t know when they’d even check that we made them because they didn’t scan our cards until we were at the doorway to leave the ship and it would be chaos to send ppl away then.

I don't know if each ship is the same, but this is how it worked for us on the Epic last week...

On embarkation day immediately after we boarded as we were standing waiting for an elevator to go up to the buffet, we used the touch screens next to the elevators to book our tenders for both Great Stirrup Cay and Grand Cayman. Follow the prompts on the screen to reach the tender option and then you will see what tenders are available and how many spaces are available on each. There is no specific time assigned to the tender but rather a group number. You will click to reserve, provide the number of seats you want to reserve and you will swipe your card under a barcode reader on the bottom of the screen/ kiosk.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Forums mobile app

I don't know if each ship is the same, but this is how it worked for us on the Epic last week...

On embarkation day immediately after we boarded as we were standing waiting for an elevator to go up to the buffet, we used the touch screens next to the elevators to book our tenders for both Great Stirrup Cay and Grand Cayman. Follow the prompts on the screen to reach the tender option and then you will see what tenders are available and how many spaces are available on each. There is no specific time assigned to the tender but rather a group number. You will click to reserve, provide the number of seats you want to reserve and you will swipe your card under a barcode reader on the bottom of the screen/ kiosk.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Forums mobile app

Thank you for this detailed information, it is helpful and appreciated!

If you have an excursion done by NCL, ie- the rental of a large cabana on GSC, do you have to print your own tender tickets; or does it come to the room as part of your excursion "tickets"? Thanks in advance!
Tender tickets are all digital on your card, at least on getaway and escape. Excursions through NCL do give you priority tenders though so you don't need to reserve your own. I believe you just show your excursion ticket, but have no first hand knowledge.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Great thanks! I heard from others you can’t do it using the app. Either way I will try using the touchscreens or the app as soon as we board. Only 3 if is so hopefully we can get a good tender.

Great thanks! I heard from others you can’t do it using the app. Either way I will try using the touchscreens or the app as soon as we board. Only 3 if is so hopefully we can get a good tender.

depending on the ship. when i was on the breakaway, booking tendering tickets on the app worked for me