ITS NOT CRICKET!! Am I the only one or does this happen to everyone??.

mrscrab

In March 2017 I booked the Spirit, London Tilbury to New York September 10th 2018. Paid a deposit same day as the booking, the remainder to be paid by May 13th this year. Its very difficult to get to London Tilbury docks so looked where the Spirit was coming from and booked the Spirit August 31st from Stockholm which arrives Tilbury for September 10th. Payment date for this was today which I knew and had planned my finances accordingly. :mad:

When my TA rang today Silversea have insisted on payment for both cruises today and have ignored the due May payment for the second cruise.

Being a cricketing country my TA went into bat against Silversea but Silversea have insisted payment for both cruises today.

It seems to me that Silversea make up their own rules come payment time and this happened when my husband passed away and the total payment of the Rest Assured programme was kept by Silversea.

I so enjoy cruising with Silversea but what happens between booking and the time before departure has much to be desired.

Meantime tomorrow, when I speak to my financial planner, I hope he doesn't have a heart attack with my request for money that isn't scheduled until mid May.:mad:

The likely reason that final payment date for your Stockholm cruise would be today instead of 120 days prior, is because you are priced including the 10% Early Booking Bonus discount which must be paid by today.

Indeed, when you added the Stockholm cruise, you probably got both cruises priced with the 10% EBB (and the 5% combo savings) - if that is so, then yes, the total fare for both cruises is due by today when the current EBB cycle finishes.

If you don't pay today, you'll probably find your cruise re-fared back to the price before the EBB deduction.

PS There's a lot of us on that Tilbury cruise - gonna be interesting!

That’s unfortunate and doesn’t seem right, certainly not good customer relations. I’ve never had them do anything like this but wonder if they get by under their fine print that allows them to change conditions, etc. No matter this is not good though Jollyjones’ post makes sense.

Yes I remember you Jolly Jones, from a cruise across the Atlantic and you left the ship in Bermuda and caught the bus home!! So lucky to live in that lovely island.

As you can imagine... no info from SS and I am landed with final payment for both cruises today. The communication to TA's is very poor from SS Sydney office. With more and more Australians sailing on Silversea I think they need to lift their game.

See you in September.

Yes I remember you Jolly Jones, from a cruise across the Atlantic and you left the ship in Bermuda and caught the bus home!! So lucky to live in that lovely island.

As you can imagine... no info from SS and I am landed with final payment for both cruises today. The communication to TA's is very poor from SS Sydney office. With more and more Australians sailing on Silversea I think they need to lift their game.

See you in September.

'Fraid it's not just Australia, my TA regularly has loooong telephonic conversations with SS in Miami (email is too ignorable) trying to sort out wrinkles in my bookings - which are admittedly not always straightforward, such as disembarking in Bermuda. She's getting quite good at it now! It definitely helps that she and I have both looked very carefully at all the SS conditions and offers - we often know more than the people in the Miami office that she speaks to.

Hope yours works out.

See you in September, don't forget to sign up for the M&M.

Edited by jollyjones

It may not help , but the agents commission and the SS fare structure includes allowance for the ta to accept a credit card payment.

In Au , the ta must do a direct bank transfer of the balance to a SS bank account in the UK, either in US or AU $$.

Mrs Crab could max out all her credit cards and delay finding the cash for at least 30 interest free days , maybe even 45.

I agree with the rationale that JollyJones stated for the reason you need to pay for both now. You no doubt received a discount for the back to back cruises which would likely go away if you paid for just the first cruise now.

In March 2017 I booked the Spirit, London Tilbury to New York September 10th 2018. Paid a deposit same day as the booking, the remainder to be paid by May 13th this year. Its very difficult to get to London Tilbury docks so looked where the Spirit was coming from and booked the Spirit August 31st from Stockholm which arrives Tilbury for September 10th. Payment date for this was today which I knew and had planned my finances accordingly. :mad:

When my TA rang today Silversea have insisted on payment for both cruises today and have ignored the due May payment for the second cruise.

Being a cricketing country my TA went into bat against Silversea but Silversea have insisted payment for both cruises today.

It seems to me that Silversea make up their own rules come payment time and this happened when my husband passed away and the total payment of the Rest Assured programme was kept by Silversea.

I so enjoy cruising with Silversea but what happens between booking and the time before departure has much to be desired.

Meantime tomorrow, when I speak to my financial planner, I hope he doesn't have a heart attack with my request for money that isn't scheduled until mid May.:mad:

Tilbury isn't that hard to get to ! Just stay in a good quality London hotel and ask the Concierge to arrange transport. Done in a jiffy !!

Not everyone is sufficiently wealthy to take the "money no object" option! :D

But it's still a lot cheaper than adding another 7 days to a Silversea cruise by a long shot. About 120 pounds to get from central London to Tilbury in a luxury car versus at least 20-30x that amount for the extra 7 days.