Norwegian Escape bidding to upgrade

kattlinx13

Hello. Question for anyone that knows...

I am on a May sailing out of ny....

I received the email if I would like to upgrade.

I am going back and forth with the idea. Is there a deadline that you can put a bid in?

I am waiting to see another month if we will have the extra $$$ thanks. :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I am going back and forth with the idea. Is there a deadline that you can put a bid in?

Bid up to 48 hrs. prior to sailing, however the earlier the better.

Just worried about bidding to get a haven room. It’s our honeymoon and I keep reading horror stories about all the kids in the Haven. Just don’t know if it’s worth the $$ ty

Dear kattlinx, a Haven Spa suite with jacuzzi tub next to the bed on your honeymoon would be the bomb. OMG! Includes spa passes (ie no children) , same deck as the action packed main pool (yet totally secluded) and only one quick flight of stairs to The Haven. It would be worth every penny IMHO.

Just wondering whether your cruise is early or mid May. I'm cruising the last week in May and patiently hoping for an email to upgrade

Just wondering whether your cruise is early or mid May. I'm cruising the last week in May and patiently hoping for an email to upgrade

It arrives 80 days out, unless you booked with a travel agency that opted out.

Just worried about bidding to get a haven room. It’s our honeymoon and I keep reading horror stories about all the kids in the Haven. Just don’t know if it’s worth the $$ ty Sent from my iPhone using Forums

The probability of getting a Havens room on a bid is very small. Hundreds (if not 1000+) cabins will place some sort of bid for the small handful of unsold Havens rooms. Go ahead and bid, but don't be disappointed if you don't get one. The Havens would be a WONDERFUL treat on a honeymoon.

I would plan on keeping your current room and buy a Thermal Suite pass for the two of you and spend relaxing afternoons and evenings in hot bubbling water and lounging in the spa. (Kid Free Zone)

Thanks for all the input. To change my room to a haven without bidding would be an extra $3200. If I bid an extra $500 p.p or whatever is great. I guess we will see. I am on an early May sailing.

I received the email exactly 80 days out.

I’m first week of May.

I wouldn't worry about the kids because they will likely be in school in May.

Speculation is not fact. Here's the demographics from the same cruise last year. 676 kids onboard (14% of the passenger).

Breakaway Capacity 3963

Total passengers 4764

Total US 4379

Total Non-US 394

Total Crew 1627

1-10 years old 200

11-20 years old 476

21-50 years old 2023

51-70 years old 1496

71+ years old 382

Average Age 42.6

Thanks for all the input. To change my room to a haven without bidding would be an extra $3200. If I bid an extra $500 p.p or whatever is great. I guess we will see. I am on an early May sailing.

$500 pp probably won't do it but each cruise is different.

There's a little meter besides your bid that will tell you your chances ( poor to excellent). You are only allowed one to two category upgrade so you need to be in at least a balcony to bid on the Haven. We had an aft balcony prior to upgrade. We paid more for that room than a regular balcony. I think that helped in getting our upgrade.