Epic versus Breakway Haven area ????

trician24

Hi all,

We went on the Epic earlier in Feb. and stayed in a 2 Br suite in the Haven. My DH LOVED the Haven on this ship so much that two days after being home we booked another cruise. I now see that I can get the 2 Br suite for almost the same money on a Nov. cruise on the Breakaway. Can someone who has been in both Havens compare the two....the Epic and the Breakaway. I have read that the Epic has the nicest true Haven and don't want my husband to be disappointed. I however would like the newer ship with more bells and whistles.

Thanks everyone in advance!

The Breakaway's haven is all in the same area. Whereas Epic's courtyard is separate from the lounge and restaurant.

The Breakaway has an upper sun deck, but it isn't adult only and doesn't have a bar. It's quieter and doesn't overlook the pool area. Very nice size and has shade available. The lower level is slightly smaller on the Breakaway.

That extra little cafe and bar off the courtyard in the Epic doesn't exist on the Breakaway.

I love the areas on both ships.

Hi all,

We went on the Epic earlier in Feb. and stayed in a 2 Br suite in the Haven. My DH LOVED the Haven on this ship so much that two days after being home we booked another cruise. I now see that I can get the 2 Br suite for almost the same money on a Nov. cruise on the Breakaway. Can someone who has been in both Havens compare the two....the Epic and the Breakaway. I have read that the Epic has the nicest true Haven and don't want my husband to be disappointed. I however would like the newer ship with more bells and whistles.

Thanks everyone in advance!

It is generally recognised by NCL and others that the Haven on the Epic is far and away better than than the away ships and Escape. disliked BA and GA haven so much after Epic downgraded and saved the money

e went on the Epic earlier in Feb. and stayed in a 2 Br suite in the Haven. My DH LOVED the Haven on this ship so much that two days after being home we booked another cruise. I now see that I can get the 2 Br suite for almost the same money on a Nov. cruise on the Breakaway. Can someone who has been in both Havens compare the two....the Epic and the Breakaway. I have read that the Epic has the nicest true Haven and don't want my husband to be disappointed. I however would like the newer ship with more bells and whistles.

We have sailed in the Haven on both Epic and BA. While the Epic's Haven is larger and more spacious, the BA has a movable roof over the courtyard which they close while the ship is underway. You can enjoy air conditioned sunshine, or go out to the Haven sundeck for some real sun.

The bells and whistles of the BA are definitely worth a try. And, the BA is heading for an extensive dry dock in a couple of moths, so she will be new and shiny in November. You can checkout my thread on the BA to Bermuda with a few photos of the Haven area https://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2504449