Carnival should REALLY have a Photo Package

scubamommy!

We have fallen in love with Celebrity, but I am looking forward and pleasantly surprised by what I am reading about the changes Carnival has made. Especially catching up with a drink package. If it wasn't for that, I wouldn't even consider sailing with them again. Haven't sailed them in a LONG time! Booked a cruise with 27 of my girlfriends for my 50th birthday and was REALLY hoping that Carnival would have a package for photos like Celebrity. You pay like $250- $350 ( depending on length of cruise) and get ALL of your photos. Its so nice to have them all and I think more folks purchase this option compared to the $20 for each one. I put books together when I get home and have them to take out and look at any time I want. Bummer that Carnival doesn't offer something comparable. C'mon Carnival, time to fall in line with the photos too!

They had a package like that when I sailed on Pride a couple years ago. I think it was $199 ? I think they still have it, not sure though.

We bought the package on Pride in 2015. It was closer to 300 though. Well worth it! I think it was just a test, then they jacked the price to almost 500, and priced themselves out of the market. Then scrapped it.

Carnival needs to get on board with this idea, especially with the digital tech taking over on the ships. We bought the package on Celebrity too, loved it! Also, even Walt Disney World has the all inclusive photo package for only 170 (pre purchased), which we get every time. In a week, we go home with over 1000 digital high def photos that we can do what we want with.

This is actually a very good idea. They have already paid for all this equipment. They have paid the labor. The pictures are taken. I find it hard to believe that it wouldn't be lucrative to charge $300 to get them all, especially if digital.

Carnival needs to get on board with this idea, especially with the digital tech taking over on the ships. We bought the package on Celebrity too, loved it! Also, even Walt Disney World has the all inclusive photo package for only 170 (pre purchased), which we get every time. In a week, we go home with over 1000 digital high def photos that we can do what we want with.

I would most definitely buy for $170 to get all my photos! 😍

They had a package like that when I sailed on Pride a couple years ago. I think it was $199 ? I think they still have it, not sure though.
We bought the package on Pride in 2015. It was closer to 300 though. Well worth it! I think it was just a test, then they jacked the price to almost 500, and priced themselves out of the market. Then scrapped it.

Actually, I think you're correct now that I think about it. It was like $299 or $349. Plus, you had to purchase it the first or second day. It wasn't until the last day we finally got around to finding all our pictures. We had a huge stack of pics we liked and wanted to buy the package but they wouldn't let us. So instead of making a $300-350 sale, we bought only 2 pictures and the rest were thrown away. They really missed out, we spent like $30-40 instead.

I so agree with offering a package. We sailed Princess last year and purchased their photo package for $199. Well worth it. Just got off the Glory on the 24th and only purchased one photo. It was many photos in the trash! It had been 5yrs since we sailed Carnival and we were shocked at all the corners being cut. Definitely not how we remembered it.

• 3 weeks later...