Why Did The Ask That?

chaswelf

Every time I read these boards there are questions asked that make me go "Why did they ask that?". I'm sure many of you ask yourself the same question but just shake it off and go to the next thread. So I thought I'd start this thread to ask the questions and maybe get some answers!. I hope this will be fun... So here are couple to get us started.

Why do they ask about wi-fi access, internet connections, or laptops on-board?

If need your laptop along on a cruise wouldn't your money be better spent doing a in-patient computer rehab program?

Why do they ask about how the food is?

I've yet to meet two people that have the same taste, should they really be asking "did you lose weight on the cruise?"

OK your turn,

Charlie

I agree with the food thing. Some people seem to think Denny's has good food, and then others prefer Mortons Steak House. Everyone has different ideas about what good food it. Judge for yourself.

You mentioned two good ones. If I think of another I will post. Right now I am just to tired to think of anyway.

p.s. Am I going to get seasick on board?:D

In defence of the laptop or wifi connection, I think those questions are valid ones.For instance, the laptop comes in very handy for downloading digital photos, you will be surprised how fast the memory card gets full when you are snapping away at every and anything on the ship and in ports.

Also, to me, the internet is a very good way of communicating with family back home. Calls from the ship are very expensive, I know we used the internet to check in with folks back home and let them know that we were fine .

I always wonder why someone wants to know who the Captain is.

Because some Captains have more personality and interact with the pax. There are Captains who hardly ever show their face and are 'dull'. While other Captains really add the your enjoyment of the cruise. Word seems to get around about the good and the so-so Captains.

heh yea they are some good questions..

There are posts praising the food on the ship

There are posts condeming the food on the ship

Then there are posts loving the free stuff they get in their rooms

Then there are posts hating the free stuff they get in their rooms

There are posts praising the shows

There are posts condeming the shows

There are posts asking how formal their formal dinner nights should be

and of course there is the should I go carnival or Royal Caribbean posts

Then there are the Roll call boards that beg everyone to join the meet and mingle and only 1/4 of them show at the meet and mingle ... if that.

Thats why I like this place.. at any time.. you can have someone saying one thing and someone else saying the exact opposite :)

Because some Captains have more personality and interact with the pax. There are Captains who hardly ever show their face and are 'dull'. While other Captains really add the your enjoyment of the cruise. Word seems to get around about the good and the so-so Captains.

I'll take a "dull" captain any day as long as they know what they are doing in the control room! I think it is hardly fair to equate their personality with being a 'so so' captain! The gentleman who was the captain on the Dawn rogue wave incident is a fairly reserved man, but obviously a fantastic captain - read the NTSB report being discussed currently on the CC NCL boards.

I just like captains that I can understand what they are saying over the announcements.

I am sure they are competent captains, cause they are in the position and RCCL constantly tests them and keeps them on their toes...

My favorate is Capt Sven Peterson, cause:

1: I can understand him

2: he is funny

3: he constantly wanders around the ship when he is not in the bridge and talks to people

4: he was on the Making of the Voyager series.

One that I find interesting is "Which side of the ship is better?" Okay, I understand why they ask this. Maybe they want a good view in port or prefer morning/evening sunlight. Still, it's hard to give a definitive answer to this as you never know how the ship will be docked in port due to number of other ships in port or if it's a tender port. It could be the port side one day, starboard the next.

Most people so far seem to GET that this is meant in fun, not a complaint by the OP. ;)

you have to remember that some people in this world are sharp as a bolling ball

That one made me laugh.......... good thing I wasn't drinking anything when I read it!:D:D Can I use it???

Don't you think these boards are for the cruisers who like to know about most every detail? Hense the questions even though some of them seem lame?

The sea sick one is a good one because no one really reacts much the same to meds or motion, so you just need to go prepared for anything. Example- DH doesn't have a problem at all, where I better take my bonine of I'm in trouble.:eek:

My favorite is when someone asks what the weather will be like in (pick any location; ie; Hawaii, TransAtlantic, Caribbean) during (pick any month; May, July, December). It's sunny and 34 degrees here in Chicago today, but last October, I wouldn't have counted on it being like this today and surely wouldn't have planned a trip to Chicago based on what the weather "might" be!!!! Mother Nature is in charge people and just because there wasn't a hurricane on this day last year doesn't guarantee there won't be one on the same day next year!

Bowling Ball?

Of course a bowling ball has no edges- therefore it is not sharp.

If you are as sharp as a bowling ball, you are in trouble.......

Other versions- (heard at my house)

She is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

He is not the sharpest tack on the board.

He is not the sharpest crayon in the box. (my daughter's favorite)

True, however, either its too late to change your cruise and you're stuck with whoever it is or there's no guarantee it will be the same captain by the time you sail anyway.

Of course a bowling ball has no edges- therefore it is not sharp.

If you are as sharp as a bowling ball, you are in trouble.......

Other versions- (heard at my house)

She is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

He is not the sharpest tack on the board.

He is not the sharpest crayon in the box. (my daughter's favorite)

Yes, I was questioning the spelling, not the meaning.

Archived