Why Did The Ask That?

chaswelf

I am not sure why people just don't ask RCCL the question. Many times there have been questions that no one has answered, and I just go to the rcl website, or call them for the answer, and have an answer in secnds. Then I post it here for the op. Seems that many times many of these questions could be answered quicker by rccl or your TA. Much easier choice.

From what I've read here (Hi, I'm Jean & I'm a cruiseaholic), you could call RCCL with a question and get a different answer from each rep you speak with. Or they're just dead wrong. Cruise Critics, on the other hand, ALWAYS have the scoop!:D

e.g. Can (may) I bring water and soda (pop if you prefer) onboard? RCCL answer (as once posted on CC): no. Reality: yes.

...as my sig says if we don't laugh we will all go insane...

By the way can anyone tell me what time New Years will be celebrated on board?

Happy New Years!

If the insane are laughing (I've seen the movies)... and WE are laughing at ourselves.... How are we going to know who is who?

New years...?? Isn't that at MIDNIGHT !!??.... Well we need a dumb answer....

On these boards I'll celebrate at 11:00 (AM on the 1st) unless I sleep in.:D

I didn't know there was a contest, but my favorite is, "Are you asleep?" I am still trying to figure out how to honestly answer yes to that question.
My DW talks in her sleep sometimes. She's incorrectly answered "no" to that question more than once.

I didn't see my favorite:

"Their cable doesn't go all the way to the attic"

I think the most annoying question is "Are there irons on board/in our stateroom?" Is there any cruiseline that actually has irons for passengers? Who cares about wrinkles in packed clothing? I would like to see a sticky post at the top of this page that reads : THERE ARE NO IRONS ON ANY RCCL SHIP.

:D

I absolutely agree. It isn't that people aren't intelligent (or as previously stated, 52 cards short of a deck, its that they don't think about their question before they ask it. I really love the question, "Do you know what time it is?" When I am in a really funny mood and get this question, I'll often turn, look at my watch, and say, "Yes, I do.", then walk away. Now, it may not be funny to anyone else, and most of the time this would be in very bad taste, but with your good friends, this can be a real hoot.

I'm just enough of a smart aleck to answer the same way at times!

Another question that always gets to me is when a person asks "What was your name?" I know what they are asking (what is your name?), but my name changed when I got married 20 years ago, so I can't help but ask if they want my maiden name.

I didn't see my favorite:

"Their cable doesn't go all the way to the attic"

I think the most annoying question is "Are there irons on board/in our stateroom?" Is there any cruiseline that actually has irons for passengers? Who cares about wrinkles in packed clothing? I would like to see a sticky post at the top of this page that reads : THERE ARE NO IRONS ON ANY RCCL SHIP.

:D

Here's a cruise critic review that can answer your question: http://www.cruisecritic.com/reviews/review.cfm?ShipID=291

The salient passage: There are no laundry facilities, but irons are available for use in your cabin.

Another question that always gets to me is when a person asks "What was your name?" I know what they are asking (what is your name?), but my name changed when I got married 20 years ago, so I can't help but ask if they want my maiden name.

This reminds me of the request ID before accepting a credit card instruction that most cashiers are working under. Sometimes something happens that requires that I show my ID before we get to the how to pay for issue. Then I pull out my credit card and they ask to see my ID, and I always respond that I am the same person I was thirty seconds ago. Gets them every time.

I think if you and I were at a party, there would be no prisoners! (and a lot of irritated people!)

My favorate is the people that get all offended with you all when they ask a dumb question and you give them back an equally dumb answer :)

heh I just like to stir the pot

In order for this to be true, you have to have some way of measuring how dumb a question is, so you can be sure that your answer is equally dumb. So, how do you measure the dumbness of a question?

Why do they ask about wi-fi access, internet connections, or laptops on-board?

If need your laptop along on a cruise wouldn't your money be better spent doing a in-patient computer rehab program?

Why do they ask about how the food is?

I've yet to meet two people that have the same taste, should they really be asking "did you lose weight on the cruise?"

Many people like being able to get on the Internet. For example, I like to read the newspaper every day, whether online or on paper. It's an important part of my day. In Europe, I buy the Herald-Tribune. On a cruise ship, I check the Druge Report. Also, Internet access can be very important to those needing to exchange messages with those back home.

Second, I've found food comments to be somewhat helpful. I do agree that people's tastes differ, but when I see a number of people saying the food is lousy, my guess is that the food probably is lousy.

After reading this thread I have to wonder how many of the people on here who have 100's or 1000's of posts were asking the same questions that they are now making fun of when they first came to this board. I think some of the questions that people are saying are stupid questions are actually legimate questions for someone that doesn't know. I know that I have gained loads of information about cruising from this board and IMO a thread like this discourages those that don't know from asking questions that might help them gain that same information.

I agree that there are some questions that people didn't put any or least much thought into, but that doesn't really give someone who responds the right to be hateful or rude (Not saying OP is necessarily condoning that). It is easy to forget our manners though when we are hiding behind a computer screen and keyboard and not dealing with someone face to face.

Archived