Why Did The Ask That?

chaswelf

Yes, I was questioning the spelling, not the meaning.

hehe I know, just having some fun :)

Yea I love the famous "I hated all the guys pushing the drinks", that is always followed by " I could not find anyone to buy a drink from"

I love the questions titled:

"Have a Question"

I don't open those anymore, and I have only been on this board a few months.

I also like the ones asking if they can do laundry aboard, as if it was renting a wave runner in Labadee. Yep, thats what I want to do, go on vacation and do laundry.

Yea I know what you mean...

I could prolly think of about 1,000,000 other things to do except laundry. Even if I had to wear a shirt with a stain on it the last day of the cruise cause I did not pack enough.. I would not do laundry.

I would never think of doing laundry on Vacation, cruise or land. I would rather go out and buy something new. That is what vacation is all about. Relaxing and not doing any of the things you would do at home. Although, I don't really do it at home either. Isn't that what Fluff & Fold and the cleaners is for? :D :D

One person started three threads with this question...

When are the formal nights?

I can't see why it would matter which of the nights are formal. As long as you know how many formal nights to pack for, it shouldn't matter which nights they are.

Okay, not to be too much of a smart a**, but here's one that kills me every time:

"Has anyone ever...fill in the blank (cruised on Radiance; had a grand suite; gone to Cococay; and so on). I always want to answer with a smart-alecky response like "No, no one has ever cruised on Radiance. They take her out empty week after week."

Oh, yeah. Another one is "Will I like...." Well, gee, I don't know, and I sure has heck don't want to say, "Oh yes, you will love it" and then have the OP come back and say, "Well, I hated it." I guess the answer is "I don't know you; don't you have some ideas of what you like?"

Also, "Will my teen be bored on this cruise?" Hello? We all know teens are at an tough age, but IMO if they are lucky enough to be taken on cruises to fun locations and on a modern cruise ship and they still want to whine "I'm bored," then they should just stay home next time.

beachchick

(p.s. While laundry sure isn't on my vacation list of fun things to do, I'd still rather pack a bit less and do a load or two on a sea day. And no, I can't send ours out to the laundry because we have lots of hang to dry items and that is not a service they offer. Plus, I don't care that others think the laundry prices are "reasonable"; I think they are outrageous. JMHO, of course.)

There are so many questions I may think of as silly or outrageous, or boring because it is asked so many times. But, it's always best to remember there are so many newbies here, so it is better to have patience with them.

Actually, I wonder why people come here and ask a question, then get in a huff because they don't like the answer. I'll sometimes read where they think they are being personally attacked because others don't agree with them, or won't reassure them and will have an alternate suggestion.

One person started three threads with this question...

When are the formal nights?

I can't see why it would matter which of the nights are formal. As long as you know how many formal nights to pack for, it shouldn't matter which nights they are.

I suppose you could ask when you get on the ship, but one reason people want to know is they want to get reservations for Chops/Portofino as soon as they get on the ship and don't want it to be a formal night.

Other versions- (heard at my house)

She is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

He is not the sharpest tack on the board.

He is not the sharpest crayon in the box. (my daughter's favorite)

A few fries short of a Happy Meal

Elevator doesn't go to the top floor

A few clowns short of a circus

The wheel's spinning, but the hamster's dead

One Fruit Loop shy of full bowl

All foam, no beer

Has an I.Q. of 2, but it takes 3 to grunt

Warning: Objects in mirror are dumber than they appear

Couldn't pour water out of a boot with instructions on the heel

Too much yardage between the goalposts

An intellect rivaled only by garden tools

As smart as bait

His belt doesn't go through all the loops

Proof that evolution can go in reverse

He fell out of the stupid tree and hit every branch on the way down

and my favorite:

Dumber than a box of rocks

All foam, no beer

As smart as bait

and my favorite:

My favorite:

Dipstick don't quite touch the oil

I suppose you could ask when you get on the ship, but one reason people want to know is they want to get reservations for Chops/Portofino as soon as they get on the ship and don't want it to be a formal night.

That's a good point. However, the attire for each evening is printed out with the Day-1 compass and waiting in the cabin when you board. That said, I'm sure not everyone here is aware of that fact, hence the need to ask on the boards.

I've seen the light, and reverse my original statement.

How about all the people who ask a question that if they just went to the cruise lines website or telephone the cruise line they could get an accurate answer very quickly.

Sample questions:

1. Are irons allowed on board.

2. Does my vessel have laundry facilities on it.

All foam, no beer

As smart as bait

and my favorite:

Around here we say:

Lights are on, but nobody is home.

Laundry- I would never do laundry on a cruise vacation. (I cruise to get away from those chores, even if it takes me a entire day when I get back to do laundry.) I always over pack anyway.

Food questions- I don't cruise for the food... IMHO I am just glad to be gone for a week where I don't have to plan & cook meals, or clean up after anyone!:)

Bored- If you are bored on a cruise it is your own fault. We never do 1/4 of the activities listed on the compass, etc. For us- vacation is to relax and cruising has offered the best ops for relaxation of any vacation.

Fashion ???s - The fun ensues on this board. Everyone has a different opinion of what you should wear. :eek:

As a newbie on the board I have asked questions even though I know everyone has had a different experience. I just like to see the variety of experiences to get a broad idea.

I think the boards can be pretty helpful especially the ports of call threads.

Why do they ask about wi-fi access, internet connections, or laptops on-board?Charlie

Well, I can give you a couple of more good reasons why a laptop was important to have on our cruise!!

First of all we have a business that it is important that we have a way to keep in contact with our crew in case of emergencies.

And last year we were on the 9-day Voyager cruise, when Hurricane Jeanne decided to take a turn toward Florida and smack right into our home. We had some major damages and my hubby was ready to fly home at the next port.

Luckily we had our laptop so our family was able to send us photos of the damages. We were able to let them know what to do to fix the areas that needed immediate attention!

We were able to get the problems taken care of and then had a wonderful cruise!

yea that is a great reason.. for emergencies...

too many people are surfing online while on a cruise... heh cracks me up

spending money to do what you can do for home for free..

I saw some guy in the internet cafe last cruise I talked to him and he said he was there for about 4 hours a day EVERY DAY...

that is just plain goofy

Bored- If you are bored on a cruise it is your own fault. We never do 1/4 of the activities listed on the compass, etc.

I for one, want to be bored on a cruise. I go on a cruise to lay on a deck chair, or the beach with not a worry in the world. I don't want to adhere to any kind of schedule. In fact, I really don't even want to think about too many things. It's a vacation!!!! You all know what happened when I made to many plans on my trip to Wallyworld! LOL

or another favorate..

a special kind of stupid

depriving a village of their idiot

has delusions of adequacy

hit rock bottom and started to dig

has low personal standards and fails to live up to them

and

not recommended for breeding

Those who go "Gee that question sure is dumb...." assume your life and your cruise is identical to the person asking the question. For every stupid question there can be a really smart reason for asking it.

Laundry -- how about for a 14 day cruise?

When are formal nights -- what if you were planning a special occasion on board and wanted to coordinate it before you get there?

Internet -- other people already given good examples here

I know, I know...... the board was started in light fun, but a serious point is missed and that is people have different needs and they come here to get information, and none of you are better or smarter than them for not asking those "dumber than paint" questions.

Ok, off my soapbox.gif now

Archived