Gluten free beer?

Does anyone know if Gluten free beer is available on any ships? I’m thinking larger ships might have it.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Just off the Brilliance in January. At the pub they have a beer called Estrella. Its my favorite beer in the bar. Little did i know that it was Gluten Free. The bartender told me towards the end of the cruise. It is DELICIOUS!

Just off the Brilliance in January. At the pub they have a beer called Estrella. Its my favorite beer in the bar. Little did i know that it was Gluten Free. The bartender told me towards the end of the cruise. It is DELICIOUS!

Thanks! That is great news! Before my diagnosis I loved craft and seasonal beer. I had to give away tons of Sam Adams. [emoji24]

We are on Freedom in 2 weeks & Oasis next Dec. I’ll look for the Estrella.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 2 months later...

I’m the dad of a young child with Celiac and a beer drinker myself-that’s about my only gluten at home. We are going on our first family cruise in 2 days on Oasis. I’ve actually never tasted GF beer before, but since I have the all you can drink package I plan to inquire and taste everything GF available. I’ll try to remember to come back and report my findings. All of the GF info I’ve found on here for my daughter has been so helpful, so I’d love to be able to help out another GF cruiser with any new info I can add. I’ll let you know what I find out. Cheers!

To GF Dad--if your daughter likes pasta, they will prepare it for her in the Windjammer or the restaurants. Also check out the GF pancakes in the MDR for breakfast! Just allow extra time for the pasta.

Barb

To GF Dad--if your daughter likes pasta, they will prepare it for her in the Windjammer or the restaurants. Also check out the GF pancakes in the MDR for breakfast! Just allow extra time for the pasta.

Barb

Thank you! As parents who never go out to restaurants (wife cooks all meals since daughter’s diagnosis) we are so happy for these options! And I’m pretty excited to figure out what’s available for GF beer too! :cool:

Peroni is gluten free (Italy's best selling beer). So is Estrella (Spain's best selling beer).

There are actually a surprising amount of breweries that make gluten free beer. It's not hard to find, including a lot of craft beers.

Peroni is gluten free (Italy's best selling beer). So is Estrella (Spain's best selling beer).

There are actually a surprising amount of breweries that make gluten free beer. It's not hard to find, including a lot of craft beers.

Wow. I've had both of these beers and never knew. If you don't mind me hijacking this thread slightly...DW has changed to a GF diet (by choice, although not on a cruise) and I've been thinking of joining her. GF beer and GF pizza are my two biggest concerns. Has anyone tried Omission beer? I've seen it on several store shelves around here. Although technically, they say that it is "crafted to remove gluten". Sounds like maybe marketing speak because they can't actually say that it's gluten free??

I recently tried Omission IPA and didn’t like it. Very bitter. I’ve tried Evasion Blonde and it’s pretty good...close to a lager. Also last June we were on the Oasis and the Windjammer had a kiosk designated to GF.

Just found this info about Peroni:

"The gluten-free beer uses exactly the same ingredients as regular Peroni Nastro Azzurro, including barley. A specific enzyme is added at the end of the brewing process which removes the gluten, ensuring Peroni Nastro Azzurro Gluten Free can enjoyed by coeliacs or those choosing to lead a gluten-free lifestyle." I think you'd need to make sure it's the GF Peroni. I've tried it, it's yummy! And I'm Celiac and have no problem drinking Corona [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

• 4 weeks later...
Thank you so much for this. I was recently diagnosed as Celiac and my next cruise is in two weeks on the Explorer. I hope to find Estrella there.

I am on Explorer in 2 weeks. What Gluten Free adult beverages did you discover?

As a fellow celiac, I’ve switched to Tito’s vodka. It’s just easier than trying to find gf beer. Most if not all of the mixers are safe but if you aren’t sure, the bartenders will show you the containers.

As a fellow celiac, I’ve switched to Tito’s vodka. It’s just easier than trying to find gf beer. Most if not all of the mixers are safe but if you aren’t sure, the bartenders will show you the containers.

Thx. I have also emailed “special needs” but we might be on the ship (June 22) before they respond! LoL

• 11 months later...

The Allure’s beer menu has an Estrella listed as GF but it is not. Be sure to ask for the Daura Damm made by Estrella, which is the GF beer. Only the bartender at the Champagne bar realized the mistake. They didn’t have it at the pool bars, but it’s on the ship!

My DH is GF. He will buy Omission when he can find it. I always try his GF beers. I'd say the Omission Ale  is my favorite. I personally don't like the bitterness of Pale Ales, and the Omission IPA is the too hoppy for me as well. So I am referring to a different ale ( tho can't recall specifically what type it is).

Didn't know this about Corona & Peroni. Thanks for the info. Would love to hear what others think- and are able to find on the ships.