Allure of the Seas - Cooking Classes (Sushi, Guacamole, CupCake)

Hi

We will be on Allure of the Seas and thinking about taking one of the classes.

We took the Sushi class on Anthem of the Seas and really enjoyed it so were thinking we would try one of the others - either the Guacamole or Cupcakes.

Has anyone tried them? Which would you recommend? Do you think the sushi class would be different from what we did on Anthem and worth doing another one?

Thank you

Noreen

Just did the guac class on Liberty. Liked it a lot. Especially liked that they sent me home with the full recipe.

The margarita instruction wasn't just "shake this, this, and this together and dump," but also tastings of different tequilas so you can see the difference between silver, reposado, and anejo. They also gave us one of each margarita on the menu - though I'm not sure they were really supposed to do that. ;)

Just did the guac class on Liberty. Liked it a lot. Especially liked that they sent me home with the full recipe.

The margarita instruction wasn't just "shake this, this, and this together and dump," but also tastings of different tequilas so you can see the difference between silver, reposado, and anejo. They also gave us one of each margarita on the menu - though I'm not sure they were really supposed to do that. ;)

That sounds fun

Thank you for the feedback

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

We did the cupcake class as it came with our stateroom from TA. It fills up quickly and you should to the cupcake store and pick your day and time. There were 8 or 10 in the class. We made a shaggy dog. They tell you how to do it and let you do what you can. My wife and I enjoyed it but probably would not pay for it, but then again, it was something to do. If you have young kids they would enjoy it.

We did the cupcake class as it came with our stateroom from TA. It fills up quickly and you should to the cupcake store and pick your day and time. There were 8 or 10 in the class. We made a shaggy dog. They tell you how to do it and let you do what you can. My wife and I enjoyed it but probably would not pay for it, but then again, it was something to do. If you have young kids they would enjoy it.

Hi.

It’s just my husband and I.

We really enjoyed the sushi making class on Anthem.

From what you are saying it sounds like maybe the guacamole class may be a better option.

I think you can book either picking your day and time in the cruise planner. And paying for it now too.

Thank you

We just booked the Guacamole class

Thank you for the feedback

Noreen

No Problem. I hope you enjoy the Guac class. We did an excursion in Cozumel that was called Salsa and Margaritas and we enjoyed it a lot. We did make Guac and it was a fun class, good margaritas (and I am not a fan of margaritas)and learned to salsa a little. Saying it in case you are interested in something different activity.

Hi

We will be on Allure of the Seas and thinking about taking one of the classes.

We took the Sushi class on Anthem of the Seas and really enjoyed it so were thinking we would try one of the others - either the Guacamole or Cupcakes.

Has anyone tried them? Which would you recommend? Do you think the sushi class would be different from what we did on Anthem and worth doing another one?

Thank you

Noreen

We did the Sushi class on board the Allure a couple of months ago. It was awesome. A lot of fun!

No Problem. I hope you enjoy the Guac class. We did an excursion in Cozumel that was called Salsa and Margaritas and we enjoyed it a lot. We did make Guac and it was a fun class, good margaritas (and I am not a fan of margaritas)and learned to salsa a little. Saying it in case you are interested in something different activity.

We did that same excursion in Cozumel and it was way more fun than I expected.:D

does anyone know if RC does the painting classes? Hubby and I did one (2 actually) on our last Norwegian cruise - so much fun to do something different on a sea day...Doing a 5day on BOS with some girlfriends - with 2 sea days that would be a fun activity for us.