Latitude reward points

canadalou

Having trouble Post cruise with your Latitudes account - this contact was passed on to me:

Ana Rodriguez | Manager' date=' International Reservations & Support Services[/color']

P: +1 305-436-4000 | F: +1 305-436-4126

arodriguez@ncl.com |www.ncl.com

Norwegian Cruise Line

7665 Corporate Center Drive | Miami FL 33126

XXXXX

Some things in the NCL world are spelled out in Black & White - but a great deal is left in the Grey Area!

With a lot of misinterpretation by people who are unauthorized to make authorized decisions.

As noted and posted many times here at CC if you don't get the answer you are seeking call back and

get a second (third) opinion - even TAs have the same obstacles stumbling blocks getting the correct

answer or solution to the problem.

Don't let your complaint go unnoticed - at least air it here at CC !

Thank you for posting this! I'm missing 7 points. I called NCL several times and each time I'm connected with an agent who knows next to nothing about Latitudes. I've also emailed and no one responds.

I sent Ana an email and hope to hear back soon. Thanks!

Best I can tell, on the original cruise documents they send you at booking. in the top right corner one of the codes listed should be LATITUDE. I'm taking my first double points cruise in 2 weeks and I compared those docs to past non-double point cruises I've done.

This is what I was told by an NCL rep on the phone a few weeks back. Hope it's true!

Norwegian is still honoring the 9+ month in advance double points like what they did with the old latitude perk before they changed it last year. it depends on the booking date.

i had a cruise booked in January 2017 for may 2018, all of my documents say the booking date is January 2017 so i should get the double points for booking in advance.

I did receive double points on the sailing I just completed (debarked on Saturday) due to it being booked 9+ months in advance, and prior to the Latitudes program changes. I'll anticipate the same result for next week's sailing as well.

Enjoy your May cruise!!

I want to know for the exact same reason as you. If we earn double points on our upcoming cruise( which I believe we will earn as I’m almost 100% positive I booked a latitudes offer) we will head into our 2019 cruise as platinum members. However I cannot find confirmation on any of my documents...

Cruise points do not count until the cruise is completed. We have been on 10 Norwegian cruises and I don't believe that our points showed up in "my NCL" until the cruise was completed.

Norwegian is still honoring the 9+ month in advance double points like what they did with the old latitude perk before they changed it last year. it depends on the booking date.

i had a cruise booked in January 2017 for may 2018, all of my documents say the booking date is January 2017 so i should get the double points for booking in advance.

Booking nine months in advance does not automatically give you double points and has not in some years.

Booking nine months in advance does not automatically give you double points and has not in some years.

The poster you are quoting booked in January 2017 and therefore they will get the double points.

The extra point doesn’t apply if you booked your cruise after the changes which were in early February last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As for getting correct info from NCL, your chances of getting valid information from any old person at their phone bank is pretty slim. I use a NCL PCC and she told me recently she is the second most senior (did that make sense?) PCC at NCL. I know I've used her for ten years. Anyway, I have never, ever been given bad info from her. There is a lot of mixed opinions about using an NCL PCC vs a TA but I will say that as far as NCL is concerned I've never been disappointed with either of my PCCs (first one retired). A statement I cannot make with some of the TAs I've used.

So, if you are needing to be absolutely accurate about an upcoming cruise, and need to be sure your points will be correct, ask friends about who they use at NCL. You can't ask on CC because it's a violation of the user agreement and they will dock you three days for giving that info or telling someone to email you to discuss it. If you are still seeking a good PCC go to your next meet n greet and ask others who they use and are pleased with.

As for getting correct info from NCL, your chances of getting valid information from any old person at their phone bank is pretty slim. I use a NCL PCC and she told me recently she is the second most senior (did that make sense?) PCC at NCL. I know I've used her for ten years. Anyway, I have never, ever been given bad info from her. There is a lot of mixed opinions about using an NCL PCC vs a TA but I will say that as far as NCL is concerned I've never been disappointed with either of my PCCs (first one retired). A statement I cannot make with some of the TAs I've used.

So, if you are needing to be absolutely accurate about an upcoming cruise, and need to be sure your points will be correct, ask friends about who they use at NCL. You can't ask on CC because it's a violation of the user agreement and they will dock you three days for giving that info or telling someone to email you to discuss it. If you are still seeking a good PCC go to your next meet n greet and ask others who they use and are pleased with.

Certainly, PCC's appear to be a bit more reliable, but I would add a word of caution. Your post reminds me of the thread on here recently from someone who had been told by their PCC that people in non Haven Suites can't use Carneys for breakfast and lunch. They were very insistent that this must be correct as they had been their PCC for years and they were apparently very reliable.

In the end, it was agreed by all that the PCC was perhaps not as correct as they could have been. :)

I don't know anyone named TIA but I an answer.

Ways To Earn Rewards Points

• Earn 1 point for every cruise night.
  • Earn 1 additional point per night for booking in a Suite* or in The Haven.
  • Earn 1 additional point per night when booking a Latitudes Rewards Insider Offer.

*Full fare suites booked when reservation

TIA = Thanks in advance

• 5 months later...

It’s very confusing because our next booking shows Latitudes and Latitudes Rew. You would think the Latitudes Rew meant double points but it doesn’t, I was told by NCL it means you are a Latitudes Rewards member. The Latitudes means double points. Let the buyer beware.

Do you get the double points if you book the Sail Away Offer if it is an insider's cruise?

Different Oranges and Apples:

At the NCL.com website - the dark blue banner bar "SPECIALS" click on that -

new window opens "LATITUDES INSIDER OFFER" click on that -

Browse though the areas that are of interest to you - click on that area -

ONLY the cruises that appear here are eligible for the double points.

If it just happens that one is a Sail Away Offer "Bonus".

The Latitudes Insider Offers vary by the month - if booking one of these make sure the

booking contract has the DATE of Record of the booking so as to not lose the additional points.

As noted previously the contract should have coded language of LATREW somewhere.

If making any changes (upgrades) make sure that that code is carried forward - if it is dropped

you will not get the points.

I was going to book one of those Insider offers, and when I selected an inside cabin, it then offered one of the perks as a bonus, and also listed the sailaway rate, with no bonus....

So since it was ambiguous, I called NCL, and the agent confirmed, no double points, even on an Insider, if sailaway rate is selected....

On the other hand, if you choose one of the bonuses, you get that bonus and the double points....but pay a lot more for it....

I was going to book one of those Insider offers, and when I selected an inside cabin, it then offered one of the perks as a bonus, and also listed the sailaway rate, with no bonus....

So since it was ambiguous, I called NCL, and the agent confirmed, no double points, even on an Insider, if sailaway rate is selected....

On the other hand, if you choose one of the bonuses, you get that bonus and the double points....but pay a lot more for it....

As they say, “you get what you pay for.” If you want to get a great deal and just get yourself on the ship, the sail away rate is typically amazing by comparison. But if you want the rewards, your price is going up.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As they say, “you get what you pay for.” If you want to get a great deal and just get yourself on the ship, the sail away rate is typically amazing by comparison. But if you want the rewards, your price is going up.

I don't 'get what I pay for' on NCL, like I do on RCI and Princess...

Since I pay full fare for two, when booking solo, those lines give me double loyalty points on all bookings. NCL doesn't.:(

I don't 'get what I pay for' on NCL, like I do on RCI and Princess...

Since I pay full fare for two, when booking solo, those lines give me double loyalty points on all bookings. NCL doesn't.:(

I’m in the same boat (ship?) as you there as I’m a relatively frequent solo cruiser, but it’s kind of two separate issues. Anyone booking a sail away rate, whether it’s solo or not, won’t get any perks nor the insider double points.

I do agree with your point though, and wish NCL would offer double points for double payment to solos, at least on non-studio rooms.