Laundry

H3one6B

Anyone recently on Seaside that can tell me if there was a laundry deal of the day or should I pre purchase laundry service before boarding? Traveling with 3 small children and I am going to guess at some point they will spill something on themselves!!

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Forums mobile app

Anyone recently on Seaside that can tell me if there was a laundry deal of the day or should I pre purchase laundry service before boarding? Traveling with 3 small children and I am going to guess at some point they will spill something on themselves!!

No laundry deals.

The packages you can pre-purchase seemed better than any I saw onboard and the "list" prices for items were rediculous. We purchased the 20 items for $30.

Also, for a few small items, I have some small Tide packets that you can use to wash in the sink. I think I got them off Amazon.

Edited by suzyed

Also, for a few small items, I have some small Tide packets that you can use to wash in the sink. I think I got them off Amazon.

The hand soap in the bathroom also worked well getting chocolate out of my sons shirt.

Has anyone had any issues with regard to anything coming back damaged ?

Yeah we had 2 t-shirts and a shirt with really small ink marks on them. We were in YC and the butler was left us a note, and was really apologetic.

Asked us to go and see concierge were they immediatel offered us a full refund on the laundry package and $100 OBC. Was really generous I thought

Yeah we had 2 t-shirts and a shirt with really small ink marks on them. We were in YC and the butler was left us a note, and was really apologetic.

Asked us to go and see concierge were they immediatel offered us a full refund on the laundry package and $100 OBC. Was really generous I thought

That's a specific element of YC that doesn't always come up when lauding the YC perks - the great way they deal with any issues that may arise. Delighted to hear of such a good outcome!

No laundry packages, but they do offer the pre-paid deals. The nice thing there is that if you, for example, purchase the 20 piece package, you don't have to send all 20 pieces at the same time. You can send them in batches as needed.

No laundry packages, but they do offer the pre-paid deals. The nice thing there is that if you, for example, purchase the 20 piece package, you don't have to send all 20 pieces at the same time. You can send them in batches as needed.

Ahhhhh nice to know!!!

No have used the laundry package on Divina as well as many HAL ships no problems. Just make sure you ask for a laundry bag from cabin steward on first day. We sent things out on Thursday and was hounding him to bring our laundry back on Friday night.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I used the laundry service once and found that knitwear came back very limp - I think they use very hot water, which isn't suitable for some fabrics.

Another time, when in YC, I left out 2 lots of items - one for ironing and one for washing. I clearly marked each bundle. When they came back, they had washed my dry-clean only dress which I'd only wanted ironed, and ironed the items that needed washing. Fortunately the dress survived being machine washed.

The laundry package doesn't cover items for dry-cleaning or for "ironing only" (though we did have a butler who organised that our items for ironing were covered once :p ) I brought this up with a Social Hostess one time, as I thought it was ridiculous that the package covered wash & iron but not ironing only.