Haven Aft Suite

hunter68

Hi Everyone,

Need some help. Looking at a Haven Aft Suite on the Escape and wanted to know from past people that have stayed in these rooms if you felt like you missed out at all on the Haven experience?

For example was it to far to walk each time, less attention from the butler or overall service was less.

Our other choice would be the courtyard penthouse but the aft suites seem so much nicer.

The aft suites ARE nicer<IMO>. No did not feel as though we missed anything by not being in the Haven. As far as the butler goes, we got our snacks. Haven't really had any need for them beyond that. We actually enjoyed the location of these suites. Being at the end of the corridor, they were quieter. We weren't in a major traffic area.

The butlers are assigned rooms in close proximity - so the butler for your room will not also be assigned rooms in the courtyard. I can't think of anything that the butler would bring you directly from the courtyard area, so no matter where your room is, the butler experience should be the same. Now, from butler to butler, your experience can vary!

Loved the aft suite, so much nicer then the other haven suites. The balcony is amazing. We had breakfast on it almost every day, set up by the butler. Always on time. It is so nice to sit on balcony at sea days as there is no wind on rear balconies. The walk to the courtyard isn’t that bad and can use the exercise with all the food you eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The butlers are assigned rooms in close proximity - so the butler for your room will not also be assigned rooms in the courtyard. I can't think of anything that the butler would bring you directly from the courtyard area, so no matter where your room is, the butler experience should be the same. Now, from butler to butler, your experience can vary!

I have read recently folks mention that butlers are now assigned an area on the larger ships. I can only speak to our last trip on BA back a couple years the butlers had rooms in the Haven and other areas of the ship and they rotated every 2 weeks. If they have moved to areas that probably would work out better than having to traverse such a long ship all day long.

The other question I would have though is they used to do that because they had to get the majority of their supplies from the Butler's pantry which was on 16 in the Haven area. Maybe they figured that out too for the aft rooms?

With the aft suites you don't get the Haven pool/hot tub as close. Other than that pretty much the same except your balcony is bigger and you don't get much in the way of wind.

If you have no use for the Haven courtyard, the aft suites are the way to go.

Hi Everyone,

Need some help. Looking at a Haven Aft Suite on the Escape and wanted to know from past people that have stayed in these rooms if you felt like you missed out at all on the Haven experience?

For example was it to far to walk each time, less attention from the butler or overall service was less.

Our other choice would be the courtyard penthouse but the aft suites seem so much nicer.

I just got off the Getaway in a Aft suite and I did not miss the Haven courtyard or being in the Haven at all. As a matter a fact I don't think I would like it as much if I stayed in the Haven area nearly as much. Having the use of an amazing balcony to enjoy at all hours of the day every day is amazing.

On the other hand if your biggest importance is location to elevators and how few steps you make a day the Aft area will not be for you.

I love the aft suites. So far I’ve only been in the Pearl aft suites. Next month we’ll be in an aft suite on the Bliss. The spa will be directly above us so I don’t think we’ll be missing the haven much.