I Tried HAL

ChucktownSteve

Steve....were you the youngest on-board? Is there still any truth to the old rumor that the average age on HAL was dead?

Actually there were a lot of people younger than me. More than I could count. And some millennials too.

That rumor was put to eternal rest on the cruise I took. RIP ;p

Actually there were a lot of people younger than me. More than I could count. And some millennials too.

Glad you found a new happy place. Although we enjoy some cruises more than others by and large cruise ships are our happy place. Thanks for your review.

Glad you found a new happy place. Although we enjoy some cruises more than others by and large cruise ships are our happy place. Thanks for your review.

Thankx. I agree with you about cruising being a happy place. Although HAL is not my favorite line, I found that it is enjoyable enough and ticks enough boxes to include them in my future searches based upon an itinerary, cabin location and pricing.

I look forward to someday sailing Celebrity if it begins to tick enough boxes again . Right now it doesn't for me.

Did you notice much smoking on the ship? The restrictive Celebrity policy was one reason that I started, and continued, with Celebrity. I've also enjoyed HAL cruises in the past, but it's been five years or so. Azamara is great, but I think they've priced themselves out of my price range, especially with the lower Canadian dollar.:(:(:(

It seems that a lot of Azamara folks are opting for Oceania (O Life perks incl airfare/air credit really adds to the value).

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I wish they sailed from Northeast.

I see at least two sailings from Boston. I know next to nothing about HAL. We have done the repo from Boston to Fort Lauderdale on the Serenade of the Seas, once on the Grandeur and once time they did a couple of round trips on the Liberty. You really have to book a year in advance because it is so popular. We had a blast each time. (DH is 65 and I am 59)

I'd love to have that true on all HAL cruises. The one we came back from a few days ago (10-day Southern Caribbean) probably had an average age of 75, perhaps older!