Cruising with a toddler

Emmy11386

How do you go about taking taxis or transfers to the beach with a toddler? Do you carry their car seat with you in the taxi, and then to the beach? Has anyone booked excursions through the cruise line that provides car seats?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Would you drive your toddler around at home without a decent car seat? Then why would you even consider doing that in any port. Bottom line, bring your own car seat and everything else you need to take care of your toddler.

Hank

I would absolutely never put my son in a car or taxi without a car seat. I’m really not sure where you got that idea from what I posted. I’m thinking that getting sand in the components of a car seat can’t be good for it. I was just wondering what other families have done and how it’s worked out for them.

I would absolutely never put my son in a car or taxi without a car seat. I’m really not sure where you got that idea from what I posted. I’m thinking that getting sand in the components of a car seat can’t be good for it. I was just wondering what other families have done and how it’s worked out for them.

We only go to places we can get with modes of transportation that don't need car seats, since I would also never put my child in a car or taxi without one (though plenty of people do on vacation). We find places that we can walk to, take a bus, or take a boat. It does limit options somewhat, but it is what is right for our family until the kids are old enough to be safe without car seats.

We only go to places we can get with modes of transportation that don't need car seats, since I would also never put my child in a car or taxi without one (though plenty of people do on vacation). We find places that we can walk to, take a bus, or take a boat. It does limit options somewhat, but it is what is right for our family until the kids are old enough to be safe without car seats.

Have you found any ports that have a beach or anything like that within walking distance? Grand Turk was amazing. Everything was right in the port. But RCI and NCL don’t seem to cruise there.