Will taxi driver know where to drop us off at the port in FLL?

Dreams42Day

Recent recommendations here about Florida port cab drivers were to take a photo of their car license plate before you get into the cab, and certainly a photo of their taxi license should any issues come up later. Sounds cynical up front, but this is your best insurance. Agree, having a printed map and discussing the best route upfront is good insurance too.

In Boston recently I innocently asked the very amiable cab driver if he knew of a place to buy bottled water that was close to the cruise terminal. All the sudden he changed directions and went to a store and then charged us extra for that extra stop, which had not been requested at all nor did we even stop there - it just added extra mileage to his route. To me it was just a passing question, since I assumed he knew the area. One more trap for the unwary.

Don't have a good history with FLL cab drivers; caught one taking a longer way to the airport (from the port) to run up his meter, and another had a nasty attitude with my wife (by herself) when she told him she needed to go to Embassy Suites (I guess it wan't long enough for him) Most are some kind of Haitian mafia; there are always exceptions of course

Don't have a good history with FLL cab drivers; caught one taking a longer way to the airport (from the port) to run up his meter, and another had a nasty attitude with my wife (by herself) when she told him she needed to go to Embassy Suites (I guess it wan't long enough for him) Most are some kind of Haitian mafia; there are always exceptions of course

We have had some good and some bad FLL taxi drivers. Thats one reason why I like to take a shuttle, even if it costs about the same and takes longer. These bad drivers are just pushing people towards Uber.

I've been both a passenger and a driver. It's hard to miss the correct spot.
Terminal 19 is tricky; you think you can turn left immediately upon entering at Eller Drive, but that doesn't work. Of course the signs say to go straight but I was looking at the ship and missed the signs...

We have had some good and some bad FLL taxi drivers. Thats one reason why I like to take a shuttle, even if it costs about the same and takes longer. These bad drivers are just pushing people towards Uber.

Stories about FLL taxi drivers are why we use Uber. We take the train to FLL, and I call Uber as soon as we have our luggage. We walk out to the parking lot and there are always taxi drivers hanging around. They walk up to you and say "do you want a cab?" They aren't in their cars, there's no taxi rank, so I don't know they're really taxis or just guys trying to pick up a ride. I can't explain it, but it feels sort of creepy.

Question..is it possible to drop off our luggage in Port Everglades at our ship Checkin, then leave to return our rental car to the airport?It would be so much easier than carting it with us!,

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Question..is it possible to drop off our luggage in Port Everglades at our ship Checkin, then leave to return our rental car to the airport?It would be so much easier than carting it with us!
Yes, I just did that a couple of weeks ago.

We dropped our luggage around 10:45 AM and there was a lot of traffic entering and just inside the port. A wrong turn inside the port on the way to the terminal (#19) added 10 or 15 minutes to the trip as traffic was severely backed up.

You might want to consider having your reservation specify a returning to an off-airport agency that has a shuttle to the ship (Alamo is located just outside the Eller Drive entrance) since our cab fare from the airport back to the ship was in the order of $20-25 due to backups at the airport arrivals and re-entering Port Everglades. I was told that cabs from the airport to PE are metered-only; no flat rate.