Speciality dining package and ala carte

dorts

Bought a 4 night dining package for my travelling companion and myself. Made some bookings tonight for ala carte restaurants for during the cruise. Question is...basket total was zero and even though I stated a party of 2 the completed bookings say only my name under 'guests?' hardly wanting to dine alone! Asking here if this is normal to list only the main guest under completed reservations? Too late here in UK to call them directly and don't want to miss out on my selected times as other times are already gone :(

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Forums mobile app

It’s the same as booking a reservation for a restaurant on the land. You put one person’s name, and the number in the party. You don’t need to list everybody individually.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes that is normal. The system just books for a certain number, it doesn’t care who those people are.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The same thing happened to me. If you look,at your vacation summary and click that date and the restaurant you will see how many people are with you m

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The same thing happened to me. If you look,at your vacation summary and click that date and the restaurant you will see how many people are with you m

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not necessarily. The OP is in the U.K. and when I go through holiday summary I don’t see the number anywhere. The only place I recall ever seeing the number of people is the confirmation email.

I'm sure I clicked for party of 2 at time of booking so not too worried...just I can't see anywhere to confirm the party size...plus the dining package hasn't been taken off against the bookings as they are ala carte. Just a little user unfriendly me thinks :)

It’s the same as booking a reservation for a restaurant on the land. You put one person’s name, and the number in the party. You don’t need to list everybody individually.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I'm just going from previous experience on RCCL just who list all the passengers under any dining reservations and bookings. Plus when I try to make another dummy booking it states it conflicts with guest 1. No mention of the second person conflicting on the reservation...will call tomorrow but thanks :)

I'm sure I clicked for party of 2 at time of booking so not too worried...just I can't see anywhere to confirm the party size...plus the dining package hasn't been taken off against the bookings as they are ala carte. Just a little user unfriendly me thinks [emoji4]

You should get an email confirmation with the party size on it.

There is, as you have noticed, nothing to show that the dining package has been used. That’s because that bit is actually done onboard when you have the meal. However, the system is keeping count. If you have booked 4 meals and then tried to book another one which isn’t a la carte then it would try to charge you.

Yes, it’s very user unfriendly, but you have no problem.

Calling NCL will probably just add confusion. If you really want to do so then just ask them to forward you an email confirmation.

I'm just going from previous experience on RCCL just who list all the passengers under any dining reservations and bookings. Plus when I try to make another dummy booking it states it conflicts with guest 1. No mention of the second person conflicting on the reservation...will call tomorrow but thanks :)

It won’t tell you that there is a conflict with guest 2, as it doesn’t know that is who you are taking with you.

You should get an email confirmation with the party size on it.

There is, as you have noticed, nothing to show that the dining package has been used. That’s because that bit is actually done onboard when you have the meal. However, the system is keeping count. If you have booked 4 meals and then tried to book another one which isn’t a la carte then it would try to charge you.

Yes, it’s very user unfriendly, but you have no problem.

Calling NCL will probably just add confusion. If you really want to do so then just ask them to forward you an email confirmation.

Thanks for the tip...email confirmation! Nothing received so far :)

I will have a "free" 3-meal dining pkg perk on the Breakaway....can it be used for the ala carte restaurants (like Ocean Blue) or for the dinner show (Cirque) or can I only use it on the "fix price" restaurants?

It can be used in Ocean Blue and Cirque, with an upcharge.

There are actually not many fixed price places left now, as most are a la carte.

Anyway, the specific details of what places are covered and the upcharges are on the NCL website. Look at the FAQs for the dining package.

I'm sure I clicked for party of 2 at time of booking so not too worried...just I can't see anywhere to confirm the party size...plus the dining package hasn't been taken off against the bookings as they are ala carte. Just a little user unfriendly me thinks :)

Even if you mistakenly hit one, don't worry as the smallest tables are for two at all but one restaurant. Now, if you did book the Teppanyaki restaurant, I would confirm that you hit two, as there is limited seating,

I always buy the dining package usually for every night of the trip. Even if you book a table for one you will have a table for two and they won't have a problem if you bring someone with you. All diners eat alone in specialty restaurants, no sharing tables.

Even if you mistakenly hit one, don't worry as the smallest tables are for two at all but one restaurant. Now, if you did book the Teppanyaki restaurant, I would confirm that you hit two, as there is limited seating,

I was going to say 1 versus 2 doesn't matter, but you're right! Teppanyaki it does because it's a shared table. (And a lot of fun.)