Port fees and taxes question

I am currently on Anthem and our stop in St.Kitts got cancelled due to the weather. I’ve never had a stop cancelled before and didn’t realize they would refund the taxes and port fees.

Anyways my question is I am in an interior studio room and my sisters family of 4 (2 adults and 2 small children) are in a regular interior room. I was refunded $8.50 and my sister was refunded $17.44 per person. I’m wondering why she would be refunded double what I got. Again, I’ve never had this situation before but I assumed port fees would be similar for each guest?

It really doesn’t make much difference as it is such a small sum of money but I am just curious how this works.

The only thing that comes to mind is that you were initially charged different port fees.

Wouldn't the port fees be the same? You are going to the same port. Not understanding why the port charge should be different unless it is based upon the cabin category.

MARAPRINCE

Wouldn't the port fees be the same? You are going to the same port. Not understanding why the port charge should be different unless it is based upon the cabin category.

MARAPRINCE

Depending on when you book the port fees can fluctuate. Often the first day of the cruise you might see a strange credit like $2.38 with no explanation. It’s due to the port fees decreasing from the time a person booked.

Actually, I would wonder more why your sister didn’t receive four times what you did since she paid for four people but the reasons posted here seem to make sense.

“$17.44 per person“ so she got substantially more than 4x the OP.