Just got off the Princess Caribbean

rjrice1

No dvd's same as everyone else.

Do the suites still have the DVD players and borrowing, or is it just the same on demand movies as everyone else?

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk

IMHO I did not care for the buffet. We usually will eat a few meals at the buffet too.

One main thing I did not like is they use a sink for people wash their hands. Did see many people not do

this. I like the days were somebody was there at the door encouraging people to wash hands.

The buffet was sort of small and cramp like too

How is the new buffet and layout? We'll be on her in June.

How are you Linda? Yes it is me.

We are fine. This will be the 1st time back on Princess since the cruise we took with you. Last several cruises were on NCL. Need a change of pace...looking forward to it. Will be Celebrating our 50th anniversary on this cruise.

Thanks for doing this review. Hope everyone in your family is well-say hi to Lou for us!

Thanks for sharing very good review. BTW I was on the Emerald Princess and one lady had her clothing on 6 seats. I told her it’s a good thing she didn’t need more seats. She would be there naked...:):):)

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

The two great complaints are the pax saving rows of seats in the theater and the chair hogs on the lido deck. I have never seen a child sent to save a row of seats though. I liked the comment about being naked because all her clothes were on saved seats.

As for the CB we have spent 64 days on her so far and will be back on the CB this fall for a 14 day cruise. We have always found her to be excellent.

Yes... I had a very old "queen of heart one" was able to used ito ... however they punched it for fresh brew cup too. So I just pay for the brew coffee and used it for the "specialty coffee"

The new cards they are putting expiration dates now.

Thank you for the response. Will take the one I have from our November cruise on the Royal.

Going to do a quick review with some tips of each island

First one was the princess cays private island. No need to rent a chair with clam shell. Plenty of chairs with shade. Bathrooms are clean and towards the right hand side

Always cold water but not bottles for free

Those with soda cards no fountain soda but can get the mocktail.

Food was your basic hamburgers, dogs. Chicken and ribs. A long with sides and fresh fruit

Tenders were fast as well.

For those who wants a float buy a cheap foldable one and use it

I did bring 2 towels with me and brought them both back.

Went back on the ship early and enjoy the pool and Sun with not many guest

Was nice too

hope she didn't make you go blind.. hahaha

Thanks for sharing very good review. BTW I was on the Emerald Princess and one lady had her clothing on 6 seats. I told her it’s a good thing she didn’t need more seats. She would be there naked...:):):)

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

At the pool I did notice a lot of towels on the chair with nobody in sight. The staff will remove "towels" only but not personal items... but guest can remove them. Did see the staff removed towels after 45 minutes though.. kudos to them.

Did notice less staff going around asking for "drinks" don't know if I liked that or not. On the good side nobody asking over and over do you need a drink??? on the topic of drinks the DOD was not as exciting as other cruise lines. One drink was made with miller lite and other stuff.. (not a beer drinker like my tequilla, rum and vodka.)

*** If you want the adult section near the spa you must get there early.. it is very quiet, some shade and sun.

The pool still will have it waves at times. Very refreshing and min. guest in there too.

I plan on doing the islands first and shore excursions I did then will go forward with the dining experience and other food revenues

The next two days were sea days and didn't do much but sit by the pool catching up on some good James Paterson novels. Manager to finish a book in those two days and passed it forward

Our first real excursion was in Columbia... I do not recommend doing this on your own.. (I always do private excursions too)

Did the on/hop bus. What was included but not mentioned in an 90 minute walking tour around the city..

When you first get on the bus they have ear buds in all different language (take them with you if you decide to do the walking tour)

You can get off and on if you like but next bus is 20 minutes wait and not the best looking neighborhood.

After a ride around the town we got off in the city and was handed a cold bottle of water with a portable radio. (this is why you need you buds)

Walked around the city with a guard. Did a few stops at little shops were I got some cocoa and other little things.

Along the walk we met a man who does paining on 5x7 mirrors.. 90% on it is done with his fingers and 10 with a tiny brush.. his work is fabulous and for $5.00 a piece too. A true souvenir.... made there and not in China.. lol

(will continue later... time for nite nite )

After Columbia was the day we were so looking forward to the Panama Canal. We got up early and went up to the lido deck to get a good spot to watch and observe this. We were up there around 530am ; before you can get to the bow of the deck it was secure with a rope.. there were several other guest awake as well.

Enjoying the sunrise and chatting with others.. shortly people started to come.. trying very hard to squeeze in to get in front of us. Not this little gal.

They did release the ropes and people were running and pushing to get to the bow. Honestly Some were standing on chairs and end tables to they can see. There were app 20 people below us and it was rumors (not know if this was true) they paid to be there...also the ship photographers were changing for "personal" pictures too.

We watch two of the openings and decided it was ok.. and left to get breakfast.

Had a shore excursion with Princess (now you can only get off if you had one with them or wait till you pass through again and got to the port... a different story.... unbelievable too)

After a good breakfast we waited on deck 5 for our number to be call for our excursion. We were #6 and it was busy there too.

What happen next it something I never ever experience in all of my 18 plus cruises..

My husband and I decided to use the bathrooms before going;. Place my camera and bag on the seat .. told my 30 yo DS to watch our stuff.

Now mind you we were gone minutes.. (no lines) coming back I heard some yelling and etc. As I was getting back to our seats this older man very large and big as his flipping mouth was yelling. Telling my son "listen hear... I want your cabin # you can not hold seats.

My son explained that my parents were using the wash rooms. He proceed to remove my stuff of the chair... this is when I got there.

He started to yell at me now. "You can not hold seats" it is against the rules" I stated "listen hear I went to use the restroom gone for 5 minutes top.. and aren't you the one that holds rows of seats in the theater. He continues to yell asking my son "Boy I ask you what is your cabin? My son told him "GO To HELL!!" he looks at me and where are you from little lady... "my mother" the idiot walked away still yelling..

two elderly ladies were sitting there watching the whole situation. They both said the guy was a jerk and my son was right..

My son tried to tell the ladies he was sorry they had to witness this. One told him I was going to hit that man with my cane if he came any closer..

We finally got our number called.. We chosen a tour, rain forest and canal. The tour started off with a drop of at a little place we saw our ship still sitting in the big ocean.. after walking a little path (be careful steep uneven steps.) saw a film on the canal and back on the bus.

Did the rain forest and it was not what I excepted It was basically walking in some woods.. saw the trees and a burnt area. Turns out this is were the military used to camp. But it was a nice cool day with no rain.

When we got back on the bus for the canal tour we found out our ship has not gone back through the canal and it was going to be later than they thought. Nobody was allow at the port till the ship got there...

After an hour ride on the bus we did get cold water and a nice banana muffin. We were drop off at this nice resort.. beautiful pool too..

Tour on the canal we saw sloughes, monkeys and birds. Very nice too. The boat driver let us walk to the front of the boat after he stop to do pictures.. He also turned the boat side to side so everyone had a change to see and take pictures..

We were told again the ship still didn't go through the canal again. Should be at the port by 5pm. We took all decide we would head back to the port anyways. There was a lot of traffic due to a parade and etc..

And let's not forget all the others guest that got off the ship had to get back on too.

We finally got back to the pier at 5:30 and the lines were so long.. some of the guest who stayed on were finally able to get off to walk around the pier (flea market) for 45 minutes.

as told that they let another "boat" wasn't a cruise ship through first. Princess payed $500,-000 dollars to go through too.

Thank you for the kind words. Just love doing hospice... (was supposed to be an extra part time job that lead into full time on top of my "real" job dementia..

Thank you for your great review ! I'm really enjoying reading about your cruise. :)

Thank you for all the wonderful work you do on behalf of your hospice patients and their families. - EBC

When we got back on to the ship we were hot, hungry and tired. As we were heading towards our cabins the maitre'd saw us. Informed her we weren't too tired to get dress up to eat. She said "no" come as you are. We are not turning anyone away due to the late ship and etc. So grateful too.. made us a special treat too.

In Costa Rica we were supposed to do a tour with "Your Lucky Tours" however when we got off the ship we did not see any signs for us. Being Sunday a lot of the local shops were close.

We met several taxi drivers some very pushy but one his plate number 267 was nice. Gave us a tour of the island..

saw the banana plantation; beach; rain forest and did see monkeys jumping from tree to tree. Very educational and loads of fun.

It lasted about 2 hours of so. Changed us $15.00 per person. He dropped us off at the local market only a ten minute walk from the pier, (if you get off the ship; go through the gates take a left and go three blocks on the corner) but ask for directions cause I get my lefts and rights mixed up.

We end up buying 5 bags of Costa Rica coffee, vanilla, cocoa, diet pepsi, spices and few other items. Very very reasonable too.

Spent under $35.00.. (In the pier the coffee was $10.00 min per bag store was $2.00)

Unloaded our stuff and after lunch we went through the pier shops and bought a few trinkets that were handmade..)

Cayman Islands we have been there several times.. and since it was a tender and last tender was at 2pm. we decided just to get off and walk around for a minute. Also I think it's over priced too. (was going to buy cigarettes for somebody but it was pricey there.. weird this was the first cruise we went on with no Durfey's duty free stores.. ) missed that.

If one wants to go to the many beaches take a taxi outside the pier. Much cheaper and yes it is cheaper too.

Ok now I will start on the dining rooms and food revenue.

We had Club dining. It was very nice and the service was great. If anyone has this dining room please ask for Yogi and Katrina.

Both sweet and kind. Worked their tails off too. Never had to wait for a table however we did eat around 6pm. (so that was one of the reasons we did not make any shows.)

With Club dining we had the same exact food with the exception one "special" unannounced item such as a lobster dish one night that was very good.. (the other lobster dish was not so yummy) greek salad (made to order) veal ravolli's and some special desserts) and they had blue table clothes. Not a huge difference to me.

Did notice a few changes since my last Princess Cruise that I did miss.

The sail away seafood ... has been long gone.

Prime rib was only offer one time and that was the first night.. (we missed it due to the Crown Grill .... came with the suite)

baked potatoes only when you asked for it..

If you want a banana split it is on the kids menu and they will make it for you when ever you want.

On the alternate menu there was a few things.. so in all fairness I think Princess had better food vs other cruise lines

International Cafe no longer had that great chicken salad.. sub it with tuna (not nearly as good)

Give this to Princess too.. Other cruise line don't offer a nice selections of snacks 24/7 and for no charge too.

No longer passes out those out of the oven chocolate chip cookies with cold milk. (miss that too.. and doesn't even cost anything extra)

Tea time was nice ..

Lido buffet had a lot of changes.. the area was smaller; nobody watching to make sure guest clean their hands (yet we are all adults and know we should do this )

Now this is were Princess did not score as high as other lines.. on sea days on other lines there are more selections to chose from.

and not so crowed either..

Room service we did not try as we.

Entertainment: Movies under the stars was very good with new release ones too. They do go around with small bags of popcorn and set up the chairs padding and pillows..

I mentioned the shows and wish Princess could modify this to make it better ...

For activities .. there isn't any by the pool.. (some like it and some don't ) other ships keep the guest busy doing the day some outside activities for those sun worship.

They do offer bible study every morning for those who are interested and do supply the bibles as well.

The library had several good books as well..

Internet was slow as most ships. You were better to get off the ship. We have very good wifi and other service with our cell phones so we did take advantage of this even on the ship while in port.. (free is good)

With a ten day cruise not too many children.. however we did see a few and they never opened up the "kiddie"until the end of the cruise..

And some of the older adults do need positive coaching in behavior or good medicine

As for the ocean suite it was very nice and huge. The steward was just ok... we had free laundry and did take advantage of it too along with the dry cleaning..(had the boys 2 tux's done) it took several days to get our clothes back. Asked several times and was told it be back later. Even though it was same day or next day service.

Several times we had to wait for towels in the evening too. Our room shown evidence of (pumpkin seeds under the sofa) from previous guest... but those are minor stuff and I did disinfect stuff such as knobs; remote control and other items that I felt should be done.. (guess the nurse in me and did not want to be a carrier to my pt's either)

A few minor issues with the bathroom but not his fault and fixed promptly without entering our cabin.

As for the noise due to the propel... it was very loud lasted for 2 days off and on too. Thought somebody above us was banging and moving chairs.. but of course that was not the case. and as for the propel problems shortening our island times..

hate to say this but was told my a head crew member (officer) they could of done it.

One cruise they couldn't go to the private island due to the weather... however he captain (prior to this one) took them to Jamaica..

This sums up my review and I thank you in advance for taking the time to read it..

Any questions I will try to answer .

happy cruising regardless what line you take..

be kind to your other guest.. never know who you are entertaining--it may be an angel from "heaven" or that evil man below..

Have a very blessed day..

Edited by rjrice1

The two great complaints are the pax saving rows of seats in the theater and the chair hogs on the lido deck. I have never seen a child sent to save a row of seats though. I liked the comment about being naked because all her clothes were on saved seats.

As for the CB we have spent 64 days on her so far and will be back on the CB this fall for a 14 day cruise. We have always found her to be excellent.

They should really have one of the cruise director's staff walk through the show lounge every so often to inform the seat savers about saving more than 1 seat.

It shouldn't be left up to the passengers to confront the individuals.

This sums up my review and I thank you in advance for taking the time to read it..

Any questions I will try to answer .

happy cruising regardless what line you take..

be kind to your other guest.. never know who you are entertaining--it may be an angel from "heaven" or that evil man below..

Have a very blessed day..

Thanks so much, Kathy, for taking the time to write this review. Appreciate your detail and honesty. That jerk you encountered re the seat-saving was unreal. There is always one that stands out, unfortunately, no matter where you go. The timing of your review is perfect for us as we will be sailing on the ship is a little over 5 weeks, so already have some "inside info."...LOL.

Take care and happy future cruising!