walk off with luggage Civitavecchia

matamanoa

Three of us walked off with our luggage from the Majestic Princess last May. We didn't do an early walk off but waited in the elite lounge and went off with our color code - no problem. This way, we didn't have to put our luggage out the night before, and went straight to a bus rather than waiting for luggage.

I have only ever cruised from Southampton - never fly cruise - the last day is a bit of a mystery to me. Our flight back to the UK is not until the evening and we thought we could visit Rome during the day but what do with our luggage etc and should we take it and then go from Rome to the airport or should we come back to get a shuttle bus to the airport? Anyone with experience offering their ideas would be great.

I have seen people walking from the ship to the train station we only a wheelie bag. I assumed they had walked off with the bag.

Those who drag their own luggage from the port gates to the station, have declined the services of the baggage trolley man. The charge was €2.00 per suitcase (gates to station entrance). There are no station elevators, and no station attendants to assist with the carrying of luggage to the required platform, which can involve two sets of deep and steep stairways.

I have only ever cruised from Southampton - never fly cruise - the last day is a bit of a mystery to me. Our flight back to the UK is not until the evening and we thought we could visit Rome during the day but what do with our luggage etc and should we take it and then go from Rome to the airport or should we come back to get a shuttle bus to the airport? Anyone with experience offering their ideas would be great.

Your best option is to take the ship's Rome tour with drop-off at FCO. There are also private tour companies offering similar tour/drop-off. Check your specific cruise thread for others doing similar.

Last Civitavecchia debarkation (Oct 17) luggage was moved to a large tent on the pier and picked up there before heading to buses/tours.

My husband and I are doing the Grand Mediterranean cruise next month, and we signed up for one of the two "disembark" Rome excursion packages and reserved a hotel close to the drop-off train station so we can just carry our luggage for a three-minute walk to our accommodations, then we plan on visiting Rome on our own for two days.