Can you book Celebrity onboard a Royal ship?

Yes you can book Celebrity on RCCL but you will not get the current onboard Celebrity promotions like if you booked while on a Celebrity ship.

Thanks for your post and clarification. A few months back, a RCCL Next Cruise sales agent was incorrectly saying just the opposite (One would get the current onboard Celebrity promotions if they booked a Celebrity cruise while on a RCCL ship).

I booked Celebrity on a Royal ship last August and got all the perks as if I had booked on a Celebrity ship. I did have to call when I got home to confirm and add them all.

In my experience they will give you the perks but not the extra OBC for booking onboard.

In my experience they will give you the perks but not the extra OBC for booking onboard.

As aqua class I was able to choose two perks and I received the extra OBC for booking onboard. Like I said I did have to call up when I got home and give them my reservation number and the lovely guy manually updated my invoice and sent it to me to reflect all the perks and OBC credit.

If I have a celebrity onboard booking I want to change, can I change it for rccl cruise and keep obb perks?

You would only get the perks that are currently being offered for the RC cruise.