Coffee pot in cabin

doones2

Melitta makes these flat pods for the Senseo coffee pot that was the mini suite last time I stayed in one. I bought a pack of the dark roast pods (18) from Walmart.com. Made my trip even better :). Just ask your steward for extra creamers.

What about water? Did you buy bottled? Or use the water from the bathroom?

What about water? Did you buy bottled? Or use the water from the bathroom?
Water from really anywhere on the ship is as good as bottle if not better in my opinion. The water filtration on these modern ships is top notch as many fellow cruisers will agree!!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Forums mobile app

• Like 1

The water on the ship was excellent when I was on the Escape. I just refilled my stainless steel water bottle from the tap. I also used it for making coffee without issue.

Thanks a million!!!

Do you remember what the name of the coffee pots were? I might buy some of those little pod coffee, but I'm not sure if the pods are universal?

Thanks a million!!!

Do you remember what the name of the coffee pots were? I might buy some of those little pod coffee, but I'm not sure if the pods are universal?

I don't remember the brand, but it looked just like one of these:

https://www.hamiltonbeach.com/personal-cup-one-cup-pod-brewer-49970

I am fairly confident they are a standard size pod/packet, because I have seen ones exactly like that in hotel rooms.

Thanks a million!!!

I was told the balcony cabins use the soft pods(the round single use filters) and the suits and haven cabins use hard pods (k-cups)

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I was told the balcony cabins use the soft pods(the round single use filters) and the suits and haven cabins use hard pods (k-cups)

Yep! I was in a balcony and had the Hamilton Beach-like one that uses the soft filter round packet thingies.

I don't remember the brand, but it looked just like one of these:

https://www.hamiltonbeach.com/personal-cup-one-cup-pod-brewer-49970

I am fairly confident they are a standard size pod/packet, because I have seen ones exactly like that in hotel rooms.

Thank you so much - we drink a lot of coffee and I know I can ask the steward for more - but it would cost me much more to tip them vs. bring my own :)

• 4 years later...
On 4/2/2018 at 8:16 AM, JamieLogical said:

The water on the ship was excellent when I was on the Escape. I just refilled my stainless steel water bottle from the tap. I also used it for making coffee without issue.

If you are out and about on the ship, any bar will refill your water bottle for you, including ice if you ask for it.  

On 4/2/2018 at 1:56 PM, DEW95 said:

I'm not sure about balcony cabins. My Haven suite on the Getaway did have hard pods - these were the Nespresso type pods. There wasn't a K-cup machine available. I would much prefer use my Breville machine, but the Nespresso was adequate. I certainly had no need to purchase burned Starbucks coffee! 

7 hours ago, NutsAboutGolf said:

What does room service coffee come in, just a mug of coffee or a pot and mugs?

A carafe with cups.

Also, on my last cruise, I had to ask for a coffee machine. They did not keep it in the cabin or hidden in the closet like past cruises. I believe this is to cut down on the number they have to clean and disinfect.

Inside to Club Balcony Suite is the Hamilton Beach Personal one cup machine with soft round coffee filter "pods". Last time for a real suite and above they used the Lavazza "espresso capsules" made of aluminum and are smaller than Keurig K-Cups.

Edited by kylenyc
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/2/2018 at 12:56 PM, DEW95 said:

On the Joy our Club Balcony room machine took little capsule shaped ones - little pods.  Not Kcup shaped. ... Like KYLENYC said LOL

Edited by arpie05