Onboard the Victory, initial Impressions

L1211

Here's a idea for you Carnival. This space outside the lobby on 3 is totally wasted!!! Turn it into a space like the Waterfront on NCL! It's perfect for that and could take crowd relief off the lobby. It just needs a bar and some comfy seating and i feel sure it would be a huge hit. The Waterfront is a favorite from the Away class ships and something I miss on this ship. 5940c6d5372282fa90980634198cf585.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good afternoon Cozumel. Here's something first time carnival cruisers may not know- they follow ship time! It's an hour earlier in Mexico right now but carnival did. It change time. Had to ref my phone to NY time to stay with the ship versus auto settings.

Beautiful day!5520a35fe744699c2b95b13cad513030.jpg

The Triumph docked next door

7e52c733fa3edb4f502ddcc712474b0e.jpg

Port time today is noon to 10 pm. Another odd port day... plan to be back in time for last seating at MDR which is 9:30 for MTD.

First time porting in Puerto Maya. It's lovely! What a great shopping port. Shipped the girls off on the Passion Island All Inclusive excursion and I have the afternoon free to shop. b00ea6e90c32ed620dc4dd02a602c39b.jpg

d290fcfd5105989e3b029ca3e3caaa5f.jpg53ca064fae5824d47161b32e704d7090.jpg

The secret to bar and lunch service, Port day! Fantastic margarita from red frog with no wait and a fish taco and what was to be a shrimp taco but for some reason they will only put shrimp on a burrito shell, so a shrimp "bowl" improvised. 1720176927dcfdd29fea2dc145da4607.jpg

d78169b2088c7811dc1868dd5ba99a1e.jpg

Fresh flour tacos!

9c9cf8a24955194413a5a9264f61326a.jpg

5fa5c3bd92d0cf33b386229b5fe6ca12.jpg

And here's the lovely beach at Port Maya! Who knew??a98a153b90d25d6e16e779707b3b2dcf.jpgc7c5b33d0b96748a68e83efd1cbc70b7.jpg

Waves are Crashing over the sea wall and soaking guests. Some loving it, some not so much!! b67063f0197b493c3650b96263fd7cc7.jpg

I was actually cruising on the Victory some years ago when they started redecorating into the "Havana Cabana" style. I've done Victory 3 times, and have grown fond of her. To your point, yes, the ship does seem oddly crowded - not sure why - and the adult "Serenity" area, being all the way forward, can be untenable if the ship's headed into the wind and it's the least bit cool. However, I love the new decor and found it to be about the right sized ship for me.

I was actually cruising on the Victory some years ago when they started redecorating into the "Havana Cabana" style. I've done Victory 3 times, and have grown fond of her. To your point, yes, the ship does seem oddly crowded - not sure why - and the adult "Serenity" area, being all the way forward, can be untenable if the ship's headed into the wind and it's the least bit cool. However, I love the new decor and found it to be about the right sized ship for me.

We're having a wonderful time! Would sail her again for sure.

Thanks for your report! I love the Victory. I sailed on her in 2015 before the updates, so it is nice to see her all spruced up. I said back then that I would gladly cruise on that ship again, so looks even better now with the rooms updated.

Re that space off deck 3. I love that area on ships of that class, and conquest class ships, love it for the proximity to the water, love "hearing the sea", and love that it is quiet out there, not crowded. I have not yet been on an NCL away ship, but do love the look of their waterfront deck. I am not sure it is doable on these ships, because of dining rooms being behind some of those windows, but I really do wish they would put out some nicer chairs and tables.

When I was on Splendor a year later, they a few loungers out there on the "non smoking side", and a couple of regular upright chairs, but over on the smoking side they had the wicker style chairs and tables , and loungers and tables (and ashtrays)) lol....don't know why they left the non smokers with hardly anywhere to sit out there. So hoping that, even if they don't make more of these spaces, that they at least even things out for both sides. Or maybe that was just a one of, on Splendor, never noticed that difference before on other ships.

Did you notice if there was a difference in seating, chairs, tables etc per side? just curious.

Anyway,,just wanted to say thanks for the great review, and love the photos.:)

Thanks for your report! I love the Victory. I sailed on her in 2015 before the updates, so it is nice to see her all spruced up. I said back then that I would gladly cruise on that ship again, so looks even better now with the rooms updated.

Re that space off deck 3. I love that area on ships of that class, and conquest class ships, love it for the proximity to the water, love "hearing the sea", and love that it is quiet out there, not crowded. I have not yet been on an NCL away ship, but do love the look of their waterfront deck. I am not sure it is doable on these ships, because of dining rooms being behind some of those windows, but I really do wish they would put out some nicer chairs and tables.

When I was on Splendor a year later, they a few loungers out there on the "non smoking side", and a couple of regular upright chairs, but over on the smoking side they had the wicker style chairs and tables , and loungers and tables (and ashtrays)) lol....don't know why they left the non smokers with hardly anywhere to sit out there. So hoping that, even if they don't make more of these spaces, that they at least even things out for both sides. Or maybe that was just a one of, on Splendor, never noticed that difference before on other ships.

Did you notice if there was a difference in seating, chairs, tables etc per side? just curious.

Anyway,,just wanted to say thanks for the great review, and love the photos.:)

Funny you point that out. On 10, there is a gorgeous outdoor area right by the water with wicker seating and it is dedicated to smoking. I found that a little shocking. Nothing like that for non-smokers. There are only a few wooden bench like seats in that outside area on 3. Totally under utilized. And you're welcome for the review!

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but it probably will not get any better. Last month we were in a cabin above where you are on the Lido deck and every night, and also some days we could hear whatever type of entertainment that was going on from deck 3 (lobby) from start to finish. One night a guy played the guitar and sang until midnight. It was not a good 4 days for us.:(:(

Had the Same Room As You. Same Problem...noisy Due To Entertainment And Spring Breakers. Will Never Cruise In The Month Of March Again!!!

I was bummed out by the Deli serving pre-made sandwhiches. Now I think I'll like it better. Bigger selection, shorter line. No big deal that it was assembled a few hours before.

That makes sense. The line is terrible at times.

Had the Same Room As You. Same Problem...noisy Due To Entertainment And Spring Breakers. Will Never Cruise In The Month Of March Again!!!

The steel drum sound was so loud in my room I decided to come to the lobby bar and enjoy a drink with it versus getting upset! The noise level is unreal.

Enjoying your review :)

I believe the reason why they cannot put any furniture out on that deck is that is where they would load the lifeboats should something happen. SOLAS dictates that nothing interfere with that area so that there is room for the passengers without being encumbered.

This also applies with the muster drill. It's dictated based on the layout of the ship and where the lifeboats are located. All conquest class ships muster drills are held on deck 3 outside. I much prefer those held inside!

SOLAS I know due to my job, but the above details I learned from Chengkp and hope I'm remembering it all correctly.

Enjoying your review :)

I believe the reason why they cannot put any furniture out on that deck is that is where they would load the lifeboats should something happen. SOLAS dictates that nothing interfere with that area so that there is room for the passengers without being encumbered.

This also applies with the muster drill. It's dictated based on the layout of the ship and where the lifeboats are located. All conquest class ships muster drills are held on deck 3 outside. I much prefer those held inside!

SOLAS I know due to my job, but the above details I learned from Chengkp and hope I'm remembering it all correctly.

Deck four, where muster was held, appears

To be closed. I was hoping it would be a deck where you could walk around the ship, but access is restricted. That space is on deck three and is below the life boats so that may also be an issue. Thanks for the info.