Dressing for Dinner

C. Perhaps RC should go with casual, business casual, and business formal. Casual is casual. Business casual is what one should wear to an office, a shirt with a collar and Dockers. (Don't get me started on people who think ripped jeans and a 10-year-old concert shirt is business casual.) Business formal is coat and tie. Depending on the office it might be a suit, or simply a sport coat.

No need to throw around words like business and office.

I’m not a mind reader, I just can tell when someone’s message is disingenuous. You say someone dressing down won’t impact your dinner, the correlation is someone dressing up won’t impact it either, the reality is you’d feel that enhances your experience. It’s not a bad thing. I was giving you benefit of the doubt and helping you make your case but if you just want to be snarky go right ahead.

So you can call me a liar but I can’t “be snarky”. As they say, get over yourself.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

No problem, as long as the shorts are nice.

That’s what I figured. A friend is going on AOTS next week as was told her son could not wear any short in the MDR. I told her her info was wrong but I’d check with the folks here.

Thanks for the info.

Dress codes are only a suggestion. Certain things are prohibited.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Don't you think its a bit ironic that majority of US posters will slate anyone that follows suggestions about dress and denigrate those who choose not to follow the suggestion in respect of tips.

Now I just know you will tell me the two have no correlation but they are both only suggestions.

So you can call me a liar but I can’t “be snarky”. As they say, get over yourself.

Dude I don’t know what your issue is; you said you wished people were dressed to a higher standard. Then you said what someone wears doesn’t impact you. So which is it? Do people dressing up enhance your experience or make no impact? It sure sounds like your enjoyment would increase, yes? I don’t know why you’re being hostile towards me. We can disengage the conversation if you don’t want to have one and are just looking at telling someone off.

If you were at my table I’d notice your demeanor and attitude far before I’d notice or care about clothing. My expectation is to be around people that don’t smell poorly or be dressed in filthy clothes or athletic clothes. If they’re neat and clean in shorts and sandals how could that lessen my experience?

Don’t know when you started sailing but the MDR food and experience has been massively degraded over the years. Not only was it THE place to be in the past, it was pretty much the only option, and no MTD so theming and events happened around dinner. When the MDR turned into the result of an Applebee’s mashing up with a Nursing Home the gig was up. It is now simply average, and by design.

You’re welcome to wish it were different, but it’s not, and if that’s important to you this definitely isn’t the right company for you. If you weren’t being belligerent you might see that.

Dude I don’t know what your issue is; you said you wished people were dressed to a higher standard. Then you said what someone wears doesn’t impact you. So which is it? Do people dressing up enhance your experience or make no impact? It sure sounds like your enjoyment would increase, yes? I don’t know why you’re being hostile towards me. We can disengage the conversation if you don’t want to have one and are just looking at telling someone off.

Bye Felicia

If you were at my table I’d notice your demeanor and attitude far before I’d notice or care about clothing. My expectation is to be around people that don’t smell poorly or be dressed in filthy clothes or athletic clothes. If they’re neat and clean in shorts and sandals how could that lessen my experience?

Don’t know when you started sailing but the MDR food and experience has been massively degraded over the years. Not only was it THE place to be in the past, it was pretty much the only option, and no MTD so theming and events happened around dinner. When the MDR turned into the result of an Applebee’s mashing up with a Nursing Home the gig was up. It is now simply average, and by design.

You’re welcome to wish it were different, but it’s not, and if that’s important to you this definitely isn’t the right company for you. If you weren’t being belligerent you might see that.

So basically you are allowed to have opinions and expectations but I am not. You are something else.

And by the way, congrats on your 15,353rd post (in under 5 years).

So basically you are allowed to have opinions and expectations but I am not.

Not at all. I’m encouraging your opinion sharing, just asking you to clarify. If you sit down in MDR next to someone in shorts and polo, neat and clean, how do you feel and what action do you take?

Not at all. I’m encouraging your opinion sharing, just asking you to clarify. If you sit down in MDR next to someone in shorts and polo, neat and clean, how do you feel and what action do you take?

I feel nostalgic for the days when there was a dress code and people treated dinner in the MDR as more of a special event. The action I take is to find the nearest morsel of food and put it in my mouth. But that has nothing to do with anyone around me. However, you are unfortunately spot on about the quality of the food in the MDR going down, especially on RCI. But that is for another post at another time....

No need to throw around words like business and office.

What's wrong with using the words "business" and "office"? I think people have a better understanding of what people wear to an office than the terms formal and smart casual.

What's wrong with using the words "business" and "office"? I think people have a better understanding of what people wear to an office than the terms formal and smart casual.

Missed the point; vacation is time away from business and office. I'd find that a turn off in any vacation company if they started describing things in those terms.