Helping 1st Time Cruiser Friends Take 40th Anniv. Trip--Questions

Several of us are gifting our dear friends with a 40th anniversary cruise on Allure of the Seas. They've never cruised before, so I am trying to gather information to help them.

Not being familiar with RC's policies, I have a couple of questions if some of you would be so kind to answer...

Are the cabins normally ready when passengers board? At least to drop off carry on bags?

Are there any alternative places open where they might have lunch on embarkation day rather than fighting the crowds in the buffet?

Is there a designated Anytime Dining room on Allure or is it spread out between more than one?

Do reservations need to be made for the Ice Show and the Diving Show?

Any and all help will be appreciated!

Staterooms are ready about 1pm, no drop offs allowed before then.

There are several alternative places for lunch, you will get a boarding day flyer when you check-in with a list of lunch options.

Reservations are not required but are strongly recommended. Without reservations, you cannot enter the show venue until about 10 minutes before the show starts and your seating choices may be limited.

Since luggage may not be delivered until the evening, I might suggest that your friends pack bathing suits in their carry-ons in case they would like to take advantage of the pools/hot tubs on embarkation day. They should also pack any medications they might need, and I tend to recommend a change of clothes, as well, just in case their luggage manages to get misplaced!

Your 1st timer friends should go to the RCI website, and read everything....they have a list of "what you need to know" somewhere on there! Tons of good info!

They should also read up on their ports, so they know everything about the places you'll visit. That way, they can choose to do ashore the things that really interest them!

There is no "right or wrong" way to vacation!

Thanks everyone for all the help! We have cruised many times before but not recently on RC, especially not on the mega ships. So that's why we're trying to glean from your expertise. :-) We appreciate your feedback.

I love Allure and I see you have several great replies. This is a great present, they will love it. As an alternative to lunch while boarding I suggest the Wipeout Cafe and The Dog Haus. They can sit around and relax until rooms are available.