Seapass Cards Delaminating ?

TommyD3

Just off the Reflection on March 12. All the stateroom doors have been replaced and there are key card “readers” now. You tap your seapass card on the device and the door unlocks.

The same when you get on/off the ship, you just touch your card on a reader. Faster and easier! All X ships will have this technology installed in the near future.

Curious with your statement. Were all DOORS replaced, or just the "tap" type card readers? If the doors, are they closing quieter and more soundproof then the previous doors on the Solstice class ship? Sure hope so!

Any idea when the Eclipse will get this technology? ;)

No, it does not look like a new door. Nor does it look any different than the locking mechanism we recently had on the Solstice. But I am pretty sure we slipped our key card into a slot to open the door. The scanning type mechanisms that we are seeing in hotels are round. :confused:

Just off the Reflection on March 12. All the stateroom doors have been replaced and there are key card “readers” now. You tap your seapass card on the device and the door unlocks.

The same when you get on/off the ship, you just touch your card on a reader. Faster and easier! All X ships will have this technology installed in the near future.

Wondered when they would finally upgrade to RFID technology. Demag still an issue for card readers at bars and stores though, unless that was upgraded too?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Wondered when they would finally upgrade to RFID technology. Demag still an issue for card readers at bars and stores though, unless that was upgraded too?

Never mind. Had not gotten to your post explaining that.