Seapass Cards Delaminating ?

TommyD3

Three days into a week long cruise onboard Silhouette and all of our seapass cards are delaminating and peeling up at the corners. Maybe Celebrity recently switched to a cheaper seapass card vendor? Are others seeing the same thing?

Just take card to desk and it will be replaced...my last card kept demagnetizing for some reason so I had to replace it.

Three days into a week long cruise onboard Silhouette and all of our seapass cards are delaminating and peeling up at the corners. Maybe Celebrity recently switched to a cheaper seapass card vendor? Are others seeing the same thing?

Yep, we were on the Eclipse a couple of weeks ago and I had the same problem. I carry my card in my pocket and it lasted about 3 - 4 days. I replaced my card 3 times on a 14 day cruise. For me it was much more of a problem than the problem with the sunscreen dissolving the letters.

The only problem we’ve had is from the magnetic cover on our iPad de-magnetizing the strip on the card. It happens a lot according to guest services.

This can also happen if your seapass card is placed in the same pocket with a mobile phone. This happens to my hotel room keycard on land when I travel for work.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a common problem from frequent swiping at bars, shopping venues, accessing your room door, etc.

Just off the Reflection on March 12. All the stateroom doors have been replaced and there are key card “readers” now. You tap your seapass card on the device and the door unlocks.

The same when you get on/off the ship, you just touch your card on a reader. Faster and easier! All X ships will have this technology installed in the near future.

Just off the Reflection on March 12. All the stateroom doors have been replaced and there are key card “readers” now. You tap your seapass card on the device and the door unlocks.

The same when you get on/off the ship, you just touch your card on a reader. Faster and easier! All X ships will have this technology installed in the near future.

Great news... thanks for sharing!!! [emoji106][emoji6]

Great news... thanks for sharing!!! [emoji106][emoji6]

You’re welcome. 😊

Also, if you carry your seapass in a lanyard holder, or small card holder, you don’t even have to remove them for the readers.

I forgot to mention that the gift shops also had a new card reader system where you place your seapass card on the device and it charges your purchases to your account. No more swiping! They may have had these devices at the bars already, but I never saw them. This new technology will mean less seapasses needing replacement.

You’re welcome. 😊

Also, if you carry your seapass in a lanyard holder, or small card holder, you don’t even have to remove them for the readers.

I forgot to mention that the gift shops also had a new card reader system where you place your seapass card on the device and it charges your purchases to your account. No more swiping! They may have had these devices at the bars already, but I never saw them. This new technology will mean less seapasses needing replacement.

I guess they are finally switching over to the same RFI technology as RCI. Good to see.

The only problem we’ve had is from the magnetic cover on our iPad de-magnetizing the strip on the card. It happens a lot according to guest services.

I was told it was my phone that demagnetised my key card, so I should look into the lanyard option.

Most of the printing came off my card and they refused to honor it, so I went down to guest services and they printed a new card and put clear tape over the printing. It was good for the rest of the cruise. They said sunscreen destroys the print on the card

I always ask for a piece of scotch tape to put over my name and sailing date on the front of the card, it keeps the card very readable with no problems.

I normally take a strip of packing tape to put on our cards as we have had the smudging problem before. For our last cruise (14 night to Aus/NZ) in February, I forgot the tape. We never had a single problem with a key cards the entire trip. We do, however, keep them in the leatherette holders given when staying in a suite.

I had the printing smudge last summer in about 3 days on the Equinox. I didn't get the card wet or covered in sunscreen. It stayed in my wristlet unless it was opening a door or I was getting a drink. They refused to honor my card at more than one bar once my name had the slightest smudge and I had to stand in line at guest services for a good bit of time, and I was then told it was fine. I insisted on a new card much to their displeasure because I wasn't wasting any more of my vacation time. I was the only one in my party with this issue, and also the only one with a beverage package so I was thinking it had to be something with the bars or the machine they swipe it in at the bar?

A little off the subject but when out to dinner in the MDR, the sommelier returned our cards to the wrong people. He gave two back to my DH and we were dining with a single woman and he returned one to her. We really should have checked but we didn't and she got my card and I got hers. Much to my disappointment, she turned my card in at the front desk and they deactivated it. This was on the last night of the cruise so we went to go get it replaced on the morning of disembarkation. The purser was so insistent that I didn't need a new card but I knew I would need it when trying to disembark off the ship. She very reluctantly printed me a new card, but only after I requested to speak with some one in charge.