Anyone having issues with RCCL Customer Service (phone)?

I called into customer service twice yesterday and once today and the service was absolutely TERRIBLE. They must be using a third-party now as none of the 3 people I spoke with knew anything about Royal or the ships. Their new website has everything completely messed up and has downgraded me from (almost) Diamond + to "Pre-Gold" with no benefits. The first person I spoke with actually told me "there is nothing I can do for you". I have never received this level of service from RC. They are usually amazing. To the point where my friends moved over from Disney because the service was so nice. Anyone else experiencing issues?

I am sorry they could not help you. Others have found they must manually enter their loyalty number(s) for C&A and captains club; sometime after doing so, your status may be correct. You might want to read the thread about the merged websites; they may know more than customer service.

Thanks! I will check that thread. My C&A number is already populated on the page and the settings will not let me change it so that probably has something to do with the issue. I'll wait it out and see if their website improves but the phone service was TERRIBLE.

Thanks! I will check that thread. My C&A number is already populated on the page and the settings will not let me change it so that probably has something to do with the issue. I'll wait it out and see if their website improves but the phone service was TERRIBLE.

I called the Crown and Anchor Dept rather than the main number and received great service.

If you haven’t already give them a call 1-800-526-9723

I called the Crown and Anchor Dept rather than the main number and received great service.

If you haven’t already give them a call 1-800-526-9723

Yep that was my call today. Same level of service. TERRIBLE.

I do think when you call in it shows your member level. I think as it showed pre-gold for me the level of service was not the same. I don't know if they direct the calls differently based on your level or what but it was definitely not the same.

I LOVE RC. And honestly have only cruised RC. But this was just terrible.

Yep that was my call today. Same level of service. TERRIBLE.

I do think when you call in it shows your member level. I think as it showed pre-gold for me the level of service was not the same. I don't know if they direct the calls differently based on your level or what but it was definitely not the same.

I LOVE RC. And honestly have only cruised RC. But this was just terrible.

Oh no!!! So sorry!!!

Does a spouse/significant other/cruise companion have a C&A number / sign in? If so, you might have that person try the website (or let you try on their behalf); maybe theirs will work better. Not that it fixes your issue, but maybe a bit comforting if that person is linked.

It is odd how different people have different issues. Unlike you, when I signed into the new site, it did not have my C&A number. Once I entered it, it displayed the correct status and points. I cannot do much on the new site; I get a lot of gateway errors.

Does a spouse/significant other/cruise companion have a C&A number / sign in? If so, you might have that person try the website (or let you try on their behalf); maybe theirs will work better. Not that it fixes your issue, but maybe a bit comforting if that person is linked.

It is odd how different people have different issues. Unlike you, when I signed into the new site, it did not have my C&A number. Once I entered it, it displayed the correct status and points. I cannot do much on the new site; I get a lot of gateway errors.

Yea, I was actually thinking along the same lines and asked my husband if he would log in. Oddly enough over 18 cruises we have only used on RC account (I think it is linked to me) so he is going to have to create a new account I guess. Sounds like a wait and see approach is in order (however frustrating that may be).

Only trouble I've ever had is sometimes I don't understand what they are saying. I'm up front, I just tell them "sorry, I can't really understand what you're saying" then I hang up and hopefully the following day I'll get someone I can understand.

Have any of you experienced that your C&A number isn't recognized? I tried to enter mine as it appears on all my confirmations and the website says "We are unable to find".

Any advice? I cruise tomorrow and I hope I haven't lost my C&A status..

this was posted earlier from a RC facebook post

ROYAL CARIBBEAN CROWN & ANCHOR SOCIETY·FRIDAY, MARCH 16, 2018

Good morning everyone,

I wanted to write our loyal Crown & Anchor members to both acknowledge and apologize for the issues you are experiencing with our new Guest Account functionality and more importantly update you with the current status. I know that many of you are wasting valuable time and energy migrating to our new Guest Account system. Please know that we hear you, we read everything and we have mobilized the necessary resources to fix the problems.

Our new Guest Account capability is well-intended and will ultimately make everyone’s life easier by having one username and password and a unified account that will make using our various systems seamless whether onshore or at sea. We’ve also invested in upgrading our security capabilities to provide additional protection. The root cause of everyone’s frustration is a combination of many guests having created multiple accounts over the years, the elimination of being able to select amenities and preferences online for our loyal Crown & Anchor members, and mistakes we made in developing and implementing the first release of this new capability. Long story short, we simply did not deliver on this implementation despite our best intentions.

Recognizing all of this, we have assembled a focused team to fix every possible issue. We have a clear list of fixes and the team is working fast to implement solutions to resolve both data issues and restore functionality. They’re making progress and you will see an improved experience in the coming days. If you are continuing to have issues, we’ve also created an email account atguestaccounthelp@rccl.com to reach the dedicated team directly versus having to call customer service.

We realize that none of what I’ve said changes the fact that we’ve added complication and frustration for our loyal guests. Please know that we value your loyalty and rather than try to give you some vague excuses as to what’s taken place, I want you to know that we recognize our mistakes and are working hard to fix them quickly.

Thank you for your patience and your loyalty. We don’t take it for granted and are working hard and fast to address the situation.

Michael